Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mirrror Link - Smart Phone Screen Visible On Lexus Display - Help.

Has anyone had any experience of Mirror link?

It's designed so you can see and operate your smart phone on the lexus info display.

This includes the ability to see your phone's sat nav on the lexus screen - which would be amazeballs if i could get it working.

The non sat nav Lexus IS300h has it a standard.

I can see it on the menu - info screen - but it is greyed out.

I've tried following the instructions on page 391 of the manual - but cant get my phone to be recognised.

I have checked on the sony website - which confirms that my Xperia Z is mirror link compatible.

Any help gratefully received.

Hi Derv

I have a Sony Experia Z - it has a car mode app which is used when mirroring to any vehicle that can support the mirrorlink protocol - Have you tried that yet? I would assume you link the phone via Bluetooth to the car first, then launch the Car Mode app.

Once you launch the app there is a settings button and then you select 'start mirrorlink'

I have not tried it on the IS300h yet (Mine is not due till end of November :eerrrmm: ) but it works fine on my Dad's car.

A

I have a 2014 is 250 without navi.

I tested the mirrorlink funktion with galaxy sIII. The mirrorlink funktion in menu is greyed out until I activate the mirrorlink application in galaxy sIII. After plug into USB the menu is active, but the funtionality is very simple. I can only use the google maps but no other navi application. If I am using mirrorlink I can not swich on the radio or my ipod.

Now I am trying to test NOKIA, but I can not buy "NOKIA CAR MODE APPLICATION WITH MIRRORLINK" in the Nokia app store because my nokia 700 has an upgrade!!!??? Nokia support can not help and I could not find any solution in the different forums.

Xperia z, ZL, and ZR are compatibel with Mirrorlink in theorie but I would like to know how does it work in praxis. Alexch, in wich car have you tested the xperia Z?

Hi,

you need Belle FP1 or older software in your phone, and you can buy it.

Or you need somebody, who is able to buy the app with your account and close the ovi store app (you can download tha app or not... it doesn't affect).

Then launch de ovi store app in your NOKIA and go to your download history, you'll find the option to download again the NOKIA CAR MODE WITH MIRRORLINK app.

In fact it will appear as an update.

frankyman, Thanks a lot for support! But I can not pay with my three bank cards. Price is about 30 dollars, but nobody not need this money:) I tryed to pay for other application 1 pound. Money left my account but i not receive application. I left Nokia area some years ago, because Simbian is "brakе". I think i will wait solution from Samsung or Lexus for this matter. Anyway i bought this car without navi because dealer told my about mirrorlink system and now i try to include this in my car.

Apel,

if you have samsung galaxy S III you need only install samsung drive link app. After you started it and connected the phone with usb the mirrorlink in info menue will be active and you can start google maps. I have tested and it works in my IS250.

Hi frankyman. I have galaxy s2, wife have galaxy s3 mini. Thank you my friend! But i'll wait for Samsung decision about this matter.

I hope for short time.

I have downloded today the app. "nokia car mode with mirrorlink" on my used nokia 700 (costs Phone 50 euro, software 25 euro).

After starting the app. and starting mirrorlink in info menu in my new IS 250 (without navi) it is working. I dont need sim card because I can download the maps for freeat home with wifi and navi is working offline. I will make a video on youtube, and share the link...

Well I'm slowly getting there.

Still not working with my Xperia Z - but this is where I am at.

I have managed to activate mirror link on my phone by going through the settings - Xperia - start mirrorlink option.

When connected via USB - the phone connects without any error to the car , the mirror link front end pops up on the phones screen and even a steering wheel icon apears at the top indicating successfull connection.

However - frustratingly - the option on the lexus menu is still greyed out.

I must be getting close surely!

Any advice ???

It's designed so you can see and operate your smart phone on the lexus info display.

This includes the ability to see your phone's sat nav on the lexus screen - which would be amazeballs if i could get it working.

I've tried following the instructions on page 391 of the manual - but cant get my phone to be recognised.

I have checked on the sony website - which confirms that my Xperia Z is mirror link compatible.

Hi Derfel

I have just got the Xperia Z1, it connects ok to the car but my text and e mail messages aren't read out - I had this feature without problem on my Lumia 800 and expected the same from the Z1 - have you got them working ok on yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've just purchased a Lexus IS300h Fsport WITH Nav system and I go to menu/info and I don't see the MirrorLink function with/without something plugged on the USB port.

Is this function only on the non nav version? Because theorically in the car's manual there's information about MirrorLink.

Also, has anyone tried it out with an Iphone?

Thank you!

NAV models do not have the mirrorlink option I'm afraid. Also iphones will not work because they are not part of the mirrorlink consortium.

Search this link for all mirrorlink compatible phones (it's the servers you want)

https://cert.mirrorlink.com/ProductListing/

I currently have a fleet demo IS300h and wanted to try the mirrorlink before making my final decision only to find most demos come with NAVs, LOL. Ah well, I've seen the video of it working.

Those with it working, can you still use an ipod in the 2nd USB socket at the same time, or is it Mirrorlink and nothing else? Likewise can you listen to the radio while mirrorlink is running?

I have my demo until Tuesday so it's going to be a fun weekend :devil:

I used Nokia E7 and Samsung Galaxy S4 with mirrorlink. It's all very embarrassing, radio do not work. The easiest way to use a phone holder, really. Use the navi and other applications.

My mirrorlink supports only google map. But with phone can use all what you need. Also this application works very slowly. Now i understand that best decision is to use the phone.

• 3 months later...

Is is confirmed that IS300h satnav models do not support Mirrorlink? Eventhough I can understand to some extent - Mirrorlink will in case on non-satnav mostly be used to enable Google navigation on the onboard screen. However in the eManual I cannot find this restriction. It only discusses fact that not all smart phones will support Mirrorlink. A bit weird. Anyways on my IS300h which I drive since yesterday there is no Mirrorlink icon in the Info screen at all.

• 3 weeks later...