Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well she passed her MOT without even an advisory at Lexus Chester last Thursday. Strangely, at the last MOT ( at Hi Q) I was told that there was play in the rear O/S wheel bearing. No sign of it now, even though I've done 8000 more miles ! Anyway, we had to go to Essex for a funeral on Tuesday, decided to drive there and back in one day. Filled up with Shell 97, did 453 miles on the tankful (no LPG on this car) and refilled with 68 litres. That works out to 30.2 mpg, quite a lot of it between 70 -80 mph.

I'm pretty pleased that a 4 litre, 17 year old car with 114000 on the clock can return such good figures.

Paul

• Like 1

Hi

Yes I get very good mpg using shell v power, i never use cheap supermarket fuel, the best mpg i got from my 2000 ls400 is 41.4mpg, I took a pic of it to prove, but for some reason I can't load it up, I'm constantly getting good mpg from ls400.

Hi

Yes I get very good mpg using shell v power, i never use cheap supermarket fuel, the best mpg i got from my 2000 ls400 is 41.4mpg, I took a pic of it to prove, but for some reason I can't load it up, I'm constantly getting good mpg from ls400.

41.4? My wife's little Corsa doesn't mange that! You don't live on a never ending down hill do you?

If you look at a map of the country its clearly down hill all the way going from north to south, its going from south to north where it starts to cost money being uphill all the way back. Great MPG.

If you look at a map of the country its clearly down hill all the way going from north to south, its going from south to north where it starts to cost money being uphill all the way back. Great MPG.

I think you'll find Mike that the whole country is going down hill whichever way you go!

• Like 5

I think you'll find Mike that the whole country is going down hill whichever way you go!

Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I have pick up truck with lexus ls400 lump and gearbox ;)

little project :D

anyways...my mpg are bad :( I get about 12mpg...I know I have big wheels but the truck itself is lighter than ls400!

anything I can check? change? was thinking of blocking egr off?

cheers

Hi guys!

I have pick up truck with lexus ls400 lump and gearbox ;)

little project :D

anyways...my mpg are bad :( I get about 12mpg...I know I have big wheels but the truck itself is lighter than ls400!

anything I can check? change? was thinking of blocking egr off?

cheers

Probably not as aerodynamic as an ls 400 (lower drag coefficient than a Porsche 911).

I managed to get 37mpg on a motorway run, without cruise control on and doing about 56 to 62mph.

Also at steady 80mph for 150miles got 30.5 mpg - all on standard Shell - never found V-Power to make much difference.

Mind you commute to work involves a 600 foot zig zag climb right at start and then 10 miles of sort of flat run across Cotswolds, and never get better than 26mpg, but a reasonable queue at one end, which kills the mpg.

.8 VTEC almost as crap with the hill climbs (needs over-revving to get anywhere) so not quite sure what they did to the LS400 to make it so good for such a heavy motor.

• 2 weeks later...

I get 15mpg as an average but I have only just got it so am experimenting with PWR mode and using the manual change to get away faster! I will try shell v power, but my average speed is around town speeds of 30mph MAX