Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having A Laugh?

fil4362

Long story so bear with me. ! I had a litlle bump in January were a young lad on the inside lane of a round about understeered into me. I told him due to the cost of insurance premiums that i would do him a favour and not report it and "if he fixed his i would fix mine" at the end of the day the insurance companies would want to settle 50/50 as it a lane disipline problem and hard to proove who did what. The only people to gain would be legal teams andinsurance companies.

Anyway i told the lad to seek legal advice and not just take my word for it. He rang the police who where not interested (rightly so) as no one was injured all they told him was to contact his insurance company which again is all they are required to do. HIs insurance company told him the cost of the repair to his vehicle was less than his excess and therefore he couldnt claim.

So he has now gone to an "ambulance chaser" firm with no win no fee policy. Its now the end of september and nothing is settled. I have legal cover on my insurance which is picking up my share of the bill for my "defence" as henow claaims is my fault, i am not bothered what he does. ITs gone to court and the suprise suprise its going to go 50/50 as theres no proof of who did what and who caused it. So my insurane company have issued a counter claim against him.

Now here is the joke of the story........ His Legal team sent an inspecter to check and value my car . they value the repair at £1753 ha ha ha its a dented door. Dent master quote £200 My local body shop quoted £350. His company quoted £300 for a door £250 for paint and materials the rest is vat and 17 hours labour ha ha 17 hours to bolt a door on ???.

So today i get an offer from his company to settle. I can keep my car and they will give me £450.

They correctly claim my X plate is200 with 173000 on the clock is valued at £1000. which despite it being minter than mint with brand new wheels full stainless exhaust and many other subtle mods is again probably right. it is high miles afterall. So with a repair cost of £1753 its a right off. The claim is 50/50 so £1000 minus the scrap value (for me to buy it back of them) leaves me with £450. I then put it in the body shop for £350 leaving me £100 which by the time i have it vic checked because is a right off) £50 ish leaves me with 50 quid for having a dint on my car for what is now nearly 9 months........... as i said right from the start you fix yours i will fix mine the only people to profit will be insurance companies and legal teams