Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1997-2000 Lexus Ls400 Electrical Wiring Manual

I cannot find this part of the manual anywhere online as a download nor can I access the TIS subscription service in the USA to obtain it.

I have located a hard copy in the USA but before I go ahead and order it does anyone here in the UK have a copy. I only need it to help diagnose a central locking fault.

It is the one shown in the link below.

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/2000-Lexus-LS-400-Wiring-Diagram-Manual-Original-P18894.aspx

Thanks for the link but where it says power lock/unlock it also says see manual.

The electrical wiring manual unlike earlier models was a separate supplement on the series IV looks like I'll have to invest £30.00 odd quid.

Wish I'd have seen this last night, send me your email address and I can send you a 256 page PDF 'Body Electrical' part of the workshop manual, I think it contains everything you need

Hi Munday

No I'm afraid it does'nt, that is basically what it says" body electrical" it does'nt include any wiring diagrams just the connections.I have it on my computer and it is basically a download of the workshop Manual that Steve as reffered to in his initial post.

I had the Part 1 & 2 manuals for my Mark 1 and the wiring diagrams were in Part 1 and were very detailed taking up a considerable amount of the volume contents.

Thanks Munday for your offer but as Ambermarine says it is a seperate supplement to parts I and II.

It's on the way apparently just hope HMRC don't want to take a bite of the parcel, mind you the RM "admin" fee will be more than the VAT as usual.

Once it arrives I will be glad to help other LOC members out if needed.

Munday, you wouldn't happen to have or know where in the UK to get the ECU pinout diagrams for a 1997 1UZ VVTi would you? I'm currently fitting this engine into my Supra. My ECU has already had the immobilsor security bypassed by Cartune NZ, just need to get the pinout diagrams for the ECU and the gearbox to start matting it all to the Supra.

I did contact Faxon about their 1997 manual and if it covered the VVTi but the response was a little vague.

"The book refers to the engine wiring as just that and not by engine model."

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1997-Lexus-LS-400-Wiring-Diagram-Manual-Original-P18896.aspx

Munday, you wouldn't happen to have or know where in the UK to get the ECU pinout diagrams for a 1997 1UZ VVTi would you? I'm currently fitting this engine into my Supra. My ECU has already had the immobilsor security bypassed by Cartune NZ, just need to get the pinout diagrams for the ECU and the gearbox to start matting it all to the Supra.

I did contact Faxon about their 1997 manual and if it covered the VVTi but the response was a little vague.

"The book refers to the engine wiring as just that and not by engine model."

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1997-Lexus-LS-400-Wiring-Diagram-Manual-Original-P18896.aspx

PM replied to bud, I don't have anything but hopefully have provided some links that will sort you out :)

Evening all

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have already trawled Lextreme, V-eight and checked Oldskool as thoroughly as I could. The problem I have is that from 98 onwards the documentation is available at several places, mine is a 97 and has the ECU has differences to the 98 diagrams. We have the 98 pinout diagrams and are seeing if we can use them with a little help from Cartune.NZ who have already done the security delete on my ECU.

I've ordered this manual from the States. Taking a chance on whether it will provide data for my engine or not. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=400586046976

My Supra already has a 1994 V8 1UZFE. It was converted by the previous owner as a project as the NA 2JZ had blown. Don't know exactly why, but there was a bolted on turbo involved.. Anyway, the same guy who built my car started another project with the 1UZ VVTi but abandoned it. The sump has already been swapped over with a Soarer one as the LS400 sump doesn't clear the Supra chassis. Bit more power/torque/efficiency and my Rush headers will fit straight back on. ;)

2011_07_17_IMG_0504_sm.jpg

Mine arrived the other day from Yodel also. Brand new, in a plastic bag etc. Unfortunately it covers the older 1997 ECU and not the changeover to VVTi later on in the same year. The gamble didn't pay off this time so we'll have to use the 1998 diagrams and ignore the colour coding..

I'm going to send it back to the US for a refund unless anyone wants it here? £20 delivered to you?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400586046976

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links