Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Juddering

Hi all
As the tittle suggests I have this weird juddering problem that happens when I accelerate whilst moving its not the clutch.
It started about a week ago after my car sat unused for a couple of weeks it was really hard to start and when it did it didn't seem right.
When the fault occurs it is as if it is not firing on all the cylinders and really struggles to pick up .
It doesn't happen all the time but it is really bugging me.
I saw somewhere that bg44k was good so I put a can of that in but it hasn't made any difference.
Could it be coil packs or something else ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in no way a mechanic.

Edited by IanS200
merged other thread into this. same subject.

Is your EML (Engine Management Light) illuminated, even if it is not the 1st course of action is to read the diagnostic codes which will hopefully point you in the right direction.

Any half decent garage should be able to do this for your for £20-30.

Once you have the codes post them up and we can offer further advice, without them it's guess work which works out expensive.

Right well check the basics... Fuel, spark and air.

Take your Airbox apart and clean it. When we're the spark plugs last changed? Long time or don't know then change them. And finally put a some decent petrol (not supermarket and maybe 97 or 99 ron) and maybe that bg44k stuff and see if that helps.

My money tho if I was a betting man would be spark plugs. Just had a friend who had lumpy idle and a hesitation under acceleration as you're describing in his IS200. Changed the plugs and it's back to normal. He also had no fault codes or lights on

Have you tried new petrol? If the car was lying up for a few weeks it may have become contaminated with water from condensation forming in the tank. If you havent already it might be worth a try filling the tank with some new petrol.

Hi mate, I had the same problem with mine. Changed plugs, coils, leads etc but was still having the problem.

Found out that the timing belt had slipped one tooth and had put the engine out of sync. Take the plastic cover off

and see if it looks a bit knackered.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links