Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyed Car... :(

So after having the car Mot'd and passing.... Someone today decides to key it... Makes me sick!!

2 key scratched on different doors....

Anyone have any tips for getting rid or making them not look white?

I sometimes wonder what the point is or working hard to have decent things....

T-Cut?

If its really deep the best option is to find a couple of doors from breakers in your colour. Cheaper than spraying anyway.

I feel your frustration. A few years ago I caught a couple of chavs keying my Honda... I gave one of them a proper slap, the other ran off. Guess who got into trouble with the police?

It makes me sick....

I'll try some T cut but I can get my fingernail in em... So they may be a bit deep, what about paint pens, just so they don't stand out as such?

Or something like http://www.chipsaway.co.uk

I may contact them and ask for a price..., don't fancy spending hundreds on a couple of key scratches though :(

Hi JP Wilson

Feel you pain mate, if all else fails I mix my own aerosols and touch up pens and brushes, go to your local car accessory shop see if they can make a small bottle of touch up paint the ones I have you can unscrew the lid which reveals a small brush or this which could be your answer pull the lid off to reveal a needle which you insert into the scratch and as it follows the contour you squeeze the bottle to fill the gap with paint the idea being the needle stays in the gap and doesn't slip its just another idea to poss try anyway good luck lets us know how you get on regards peter.

T-Cut?

If its really deep the best option is to find a couple of doors from breakers in your colour. Cheaper than spraying anyway.

I feel your frustration. A few years ago I caught a couple of chavs keying my Honda... I gave one of them a proper slap, the other ran off. Guess who got into trouble with the police?

A'int no justice anymore in this country, yet we join those yanks shooting and bombing the rest of the world because they reckon those countries thay are invading have no justice. Its an ironic world we live in.

So why do ppl key cars im curious. It scares me especailly as my car is in a residential car park with low light and a fairfew lets say characters about

The annoying thing is its on 2 different doors on different sides of the car, just malicious... Wouldn't have been so amusing if I had seen them, they would have needed Tcut for their face!!

Kids thinking its funny, jealousy, people don't like others having nice things.... Anyone know if I can get something in halfrauds early doors tomorrow?

T-Cut?

A'int no justice anymore in this country, yet we join those yanks shooting and bombing the rest of the world because they reckon those countries thay are invading have no justice. Its an ironic world we live in.

Couldn't agree more...

The annoying thing is its on 2 different doors on different sides of the car, just malicious... Wouldn't have been so amusing if I had seen them, they would have needed Tcut for their face!!

Kids thinking its funny, jealousy, people don't like others having nice things.... Anyone know if I can get something in halfrauds early doors tomorrow?

If you give them your colour code you can have one mixed in -store. Don't use the cans/touch up off the racks, colour match from these is not as good.

I had some aztec fire mixed for an is200 i used to own and match was spot on.

So why do ppl key cars im curious. It scares me especailly as my car is in a residential car park with low light and a fairfew lets say characters about

just take another look at JP's IS for a sec..British racing green, sport body kits, blacked out rims, blacked out windows, yellow calipers and a clean valet.. the car is asking to be keyeed..

ok jokes aside..these lil chavs have no right to do that to someones car.. my wing mirrors got kicked in about a year ago for no reason woke up next morning and noticed the mirror hanging on its strings for dear life ...Lexus quoted £600 for a new wing mirror with the whole casing luckily I sourced this Lexus breaker in Birmingham who had a spare and fitted for only £40..dont know why kids these days have to vandalise property to kill boredom and what makes it worse police comes in and arrest you the victim for giving a well deserved slap to those dumb kids cause their 'human rights' have been violated. hope it gets sorted.

Looking in the manual for my car the paint colour is listed as Glenorvan Pine 6R4, does this sound right to people?

Going to pop into Halfords this morning and see if they can mix me a small tester pot... is this what i need to ask for?

Ive been toying with the idea of replacing my sony single din stereo with a double din touch screen, after the car being Keyed i have these visions of waking up at 4am to the sound of my alarm and some skag head hanging out my window after ripping it out.

hi again

If your going to Halfords they sell the needle bottle I was on about but they wont sell it as a single you have to buy a bigger touch up bottle and they will chuck the bottle you need at an extra cost think you will be looking at about £16 from Halfords if they give you the excuse they cant mix it in the small bottle tell them to put a mix of a 0.025 litre formula in the comp good luck lets us know how you get on but remember have a practice first its not easy regards peter.

I was told this by Ormi, a Toyota tech who used to be very active on this forum. He has a green IS and was looking for new wings and doors. This is the problem he came up against. Earlier IS200's were a very slightly different shade of green that's all I know sorry...

Feel ur pain. Mine was keyed Friday night sort of time, length of n/s rear door and some on the front n/s door. Plus another guy on the fb forum (dont know if colins on here or not) had his car keyed too, same colour, same side as mine but his was rear door and quarter panel. Got a quote from my uncle about getting it sorted and two doors wud indeed be a cheaper option for me if i can get mint ones

Yeah my car says its Glenarvon pine 6r4 but in Halfords that code comes up as mica, to be honest I wasn't really thinking about it but it looked virtually the same... The fella made me a pot for £9.99 and then gave me an applicator bottle with a needle and brush kind of thing,

I've spent a little while playing about with the two scratches and they are still visible but nowhere near what they were...

Here's a before and after of one of them...

You can see how deep the key mark is, now at some angles you can't see it but if you look dead on you can... A friend of a friend works for a body shop and he said he could redo the doors and then mop the whole car so it's all shiny for £100... That sound like a decent price to people?

post-44971-0-17262300-1381067987_thumb.j

post-44971-0-09527600-1381067999_thumb.j

That would be awesome and also justified... If you have the intention of keying a car then you should look forward to 30,000 volts shooting through your body, insuring you never have that though again!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links