Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Be A Victim And Want To Cry :-(

It happened in Wellingborough, just off Highfield Road.

I've since been told that the police are aware, but nothing has ever happened. The area is well known for this sort of behaviour. It's amazing how you only learn these things AFTER being a victim.

My local dealership has now quoted just over £600 for doing the job, and it's the route I'll probably go down. Cash is really tight at the moment, so I may as well just leave it until I decide to change cars in the future, but that might be 4-5 years yet.

:-(

IF the cops at least put warning signs up that might have the affect of causing other motorists to think twice before parking AND more importantly the scumbags think twice before damaging vehicles. They'll think everyone is looking out for them & even someone who knows who they are might come forward & shop them

• Like 1

Glad to read you got it sorted, Jonas.

I think it would have bugged you if you had left it unrepaired on such a lovely car or got a cheap repair done that hadn't been up to scratch. Ehem.

I used to get my RX serviced at Leicester, always seemed on the ball.

Hope your GS stays out of trouble from now on!

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully itll be gone soon. BTW, just a quick question, were you parking with 2 wheels on the pavement? Seems these vandals touch everything on the pavement but wont get too close to a car parked on the actual road.

Yes Chris, your experience with the law is all too common, they always seem to take the side of the scrotes if you lay a finger on them.

I think I would have been inclined to report the useless copper for his attitude and lack of consideration to you, probably would not have done any good though.

I always look around my car when I return to it expecting the worst, people opening doors on to it, trolley damage etc.

Most of the time I think it's just plain jealousy and I would have done the same as you and bugger the consequences!

Dave.

Dave!! I recognise the number plate! Lexus Stockport by any chance? Im sure its the one I drove but then bought the RX instead.

Rayaan,

Yes I bought it from Stockport in June this year and had the roof and mirrors wrapped with carbon fibre.

Did you not like the GS or just prefer the RX?

I traded in an ISF and miss the performance, but this car is no slouch and it has far more goodies.

Dave.

Rayaan,

Yes I bought it from Stockport in June this year and had the roof and mirrors wrapped with carbon fibre.

Did you not like the GS or just prefer the RX?

I traded in an ISF and miss the performance, but this car is no slouch and it has far more goodies.

Dave.

Well I had an RX previously, and was initially going to go for the GS450h when it came out in May last year. Your car was the first to arrive at Stockport in F Sport guise and it certainly is a beast. I test drove it end of May and I loved it but then the RX F Sport came out in June just as I was going to buy the GS and I completely loved the look + higher driving position including the winter capability. I live in Yorkshire so needed a 4x4 to get through the snow, which the RX does very well. I actually ended up buying from Stockport as they gave me a better deal after stumbling upon the dealership while on a business trip.

I drove all the Lexus range during an open day about six years ago and was very impressed with the then RX450 although I doubt it bears much resemblance to the one you have now.

I am going to get some winter (cold weather tyres ) for my GS and I have read more than once that these tyres fitted to a rear wheel drive car actually out perform a 4x4 in bad weather conditions. Can anyone comment on this?

Yes it will, most of the time.

People in 4x4's can normally get away from a standing start pretty OK, but they can never steer or stop them any better than a conventional car with summer tyres - especially the big 2 ton's jobbies like Q7's, RR's, Cayennes and even the RX etc due to weight and centre of gravity, and live in a false sense of security in icy conditions just because they can normally "get going".

Some 4X4's do have all terrain tyres and these are of course better than summer tyres - but probably still not as good as winters

• Like 1

I drove all the Lexus range during an open day about six years ago and was very impressed with the then RX450 although I doubt it bears much resemblance to the one you have now.

I am going to get some winter (cold weather tyres ) for my GS and I have read more than once that these tyres fitted to a rear wheel drive car actually out perform a 4x4 in bad weather conditions. Can anyone comment on this?

The F Sport RX does feel different to the other ones. The others feel slightly mushy and dont handle as well. For me, its the right balance between comfort and handling however, some people tend to think its too firm.

At the moment, i have pirelli scorpion verde all seasons on. Took the dunlops off straight away as they were too hard.

I am afraid it doesn't work like that anymore my mate got his car damaged the guy was caught in the act arrested charged and fined he said he could only afford to pay £5 a month he made two payments and nothing more in todays society you are looked after and sent on nice holidays if you misbehave.

I'd have objected to the fiver-a-month request. Can't afford it? Get yourself a Wonga loan, I can't pay for the damage at a fiver a month, why should the scumbag who did it?

Mine was keyed on the bonnet not long after I had it. I'm not a violent person but if I'd caught them in the act there'd be broken fingers involved.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain. My Gs has been keyed and just last week 2 tyres slashed. So annoying not to mention costly. As for the police I wouldnt waste the time ringing them over vandalism as thats way down the bottom of their list of priorities.

Do the cops HAVE priorities?