Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have driven on LPG now for over 16 years, I have never used anyone who is a member of this self appointed organisations and I have never had a problem with any installation that I have had on my cars or my wifes.

Hang on a minute....maybe I'm going nuts but did you not say you had a car converted by BA? and are they not members?

Also I wonder if you would be so vehemently opposed to this organisation if Profess were members?

Please forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Just a thought :-)

For me one of the biggest issues are the insurance companies that insist the car has to be on the UKLPG database before they will insure it.

There are many good installers out there just do your research first.

I have driven on LPG now for over 16 years, I have never used anyone who is a member of this self appointed organisations and I have never had a problem with any installation that I have had on my cars or my wifes.

Hang on a minute....maybe I'm going nuts but did you not say you had a car converted by BA? and are they not members?

Also I wonder if you would be so vehemently opposed to this organisation if Profess were members?

Please forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Just a thought :-)

No not me never had a car converted by BA. I think your getting mixed up with who said what.

Profess have no need to join such an organisation as they have enough work without it. Word of mouth approval is worth more than all the trade organisations.

As for being "vehemently opposed" to such organisations as UKLPG I am against all sorts of organisations that set themselves up to Police any industry without proper backing from the government. You see these type of organisations in every series of programs such as Watchdog. They are in it for one reason money and the more the better for what a worthless piece of paper they deem themselves fit to issue. Not in my world.

For me one of the biggest issues are the insurance companies that insist the car has to be on the UKLPG database before they will insure it.

There are many good installers out there just do your research first.

Theres no worries with insurance companies now as there are plenty out there that will insure you. I have never had a refusal for insurance with an LPG system fitted.

Mike I know it's a con but there are loads af insurance companies that won't touch them without a UKLPG registration and it will only get worse.

I don't agree with it but it's a fact ok life

Mike I know it's a con but there are loads af insurance companies that won't touch them without a UKLPG registration and it will only get worse.

I don't agree with it but it's a fact ok life

I quite agree there are plenty that wont but there are also plenty that will, and as the insurance companies wake up and smell the coffee they will fall by the wayside.

I would be crying my eyes out if that was my car ,there does not seem to be any planning in the routing of the system and it all looks a bit amatuerish. The loss of the tool box holder the awful filler cap on the wing panel the less than thoughtful fixing of the engine bay components.And to top it all the ridiculous MPG.

This more than ever confirms my view that LPG is not worth the hassle.

Agree completely with you. To me, defacing a LS400 in this way is sacrilege. Its a V8, its supposed to be expensive to run.

Paul

its quite depressing reading this,you are looking at, and comparing lpg installations,i really think you need to get out more,i think im in agreement with paul and ambermarine

• 1 year later...

I got my car at 144,000 in April 2012 with LPG single point. Done 84,000 before head gasket went on it. It had a samll loss of coolant for ages so I suppose this was neglect on my behalf. Replaced engine last November from scrapyard which took a week to install. Now running as sweet as before.

It is a Mk 3 and I get about 230 miles which costs about £35.

Now planning a Ls430 mk 2 sometime soon and getting it converted.

Just wanted to share my experience as I am a new member on here.

I had my mk4 converted to l.p.g. three years ago. It has run absolutely perfectly on Autogas since day one.The install was a very neat careful job, taking a week to complete. I've taken the car on the Continent a few times where the price of gas can be incredibly cheap, especially in Belgium (48p per litre equivalent). I have no regrets whatsoever getting it converted. I still get the same V8 performance from the multi-point set up but at a substantial discount at the pumps. If you are going to keep your LS (which I intend to), it really is a no brainer going with l.p.g.

I'll have the Green one.

Or green one with black.....

My first one (Ser 3) was graphite grey (though I seem to recall Lexus called it something green!).

My Ser 4 was that nice turquoise.

But, in the end, it's the car, not the colour, especially in small choice.

Think we should toss a coin for it Mr lpg?

I'll have the Green one.

Or green one with black.....

My first one (Ser 3) was graphite grey (though I seem to recall Lexus called it something green!).

My Ser 4 was that nice turquoise.

But, in the end, it's the car, not the colour, especially in small choice.

Think we should toss a coin for it Mr lpg?

(though I seem to recall Lexus called it something green!).

If its paint code 6Q7 I think its called Jade Green. Mike.

'Red' aka Carmine, or turquoise will do; Metallic paint good......would LOVE red seats........are there any?

Saw some lovely two-tone seats in an ad somewhere (not Lex) maybe Smart Forfour- quite like those cars.

I recall wonderful seat combos on US custom cars in the 60s!

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting !!!!

I'm running this blog on a few other related forums, got this reply regarding spark plugs.

Will be fitting NGK iridium IX plugs

Did anyone change there plugs over to Iridium when they converted there car?

"LPG eats Platinum. Ask for Irridium.

www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/pl

Also, because taxis use liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as fuel, a large electrode increases the required voltage, and because this places a larger load on high tension cords and coils, it affects the life of the vehicle. With its 0.4mm center electrode that keeps the required voltage low, it can be said that the IRIDIUM PLUS, is a car-friendly spark plug.

Unquote

These plugs are designed for LPG."

There are a lot of 'interesting' comments about spark plugs - the URL below isa great technical explanation. If you don't wan to read the paper - iridium plugs will last longer because they erode more slowly than copper.

Here is the relevant paragraph -

'iridium electrodes are over 2000 times harder then conventional electrodes,

permitting production of high temperature electrodes using smaller center wire,

and having sharper edges that will not melt or erode. The smaller electrode also

absorbs less heat from the spark and initial flame energy, allowing further

enhanced output.

iridium design plugs outperform conventional copper-core plug designs and provide over 60,000 miles of use.'

http://www.weaponxperformance.com/technicalPDF/SPARK_PLUG_TECH_V1.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links