Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So - What Would You Do....?

Zee007

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still say GS if you want the cruise factor.........

and a supra for the BHP

i think however fantastic the skyline is.......and i want one aswell

you will be throwing money into it......and not tuning wise, the servicing costs are sky high

and bhp per £££ the supra is a dam sight easier to tune and gewt the bhp

but if you really want the skyline, which it looks to me, then really asking peoples views is feutile..........you will get it whatever anyone says.......which means its your heart......thats ruling your decissions.....

Zee,

in your first post mate, you describe the Skyline as your dream car.

Very few people fulfill all (or even any) of their dreams in their lifetime - so I believe any chance you have to fulfill even one of them should be taken with both hands.

So what if you'll be throwing money into it to keep it on the road, or another car drives better, or another can be made faster for cheaper, etc etc etc.

What position do you want to be telling the grandkids, people in work, in the pub, etc in in, say, 30 years when you look back?

"Oh yeah - I had an opportunity to get a Skyline in 03, but I never did 'cos some people on a forum I used to hang out on talked me out of it"

or

"Man - I had a Skyline back in '03 - had always wanted one, and finally got it" - even if you then qualify the remark with something negative - you still had it ;)

Skyline is your "dream car"? then buy a Skyline - cross it off your list of things you have always wanted to do / own, and start thinking about what dream you are going to realise next :winky:

Running costs can be crippling. Mate of mine who runs his own company had a childhood dream to own a Ferrari. Last year he ordered a brand new one and took delivery of a 2nd hand F355 Berlinetta to keep him happy while he waited for the new one to arrive.

12mpg if he was lucky. Damned thing wasn't even properly warmed up on his daily drive from Bolney to Partridge Green. Three grand the first time he had it serviced. He even drove it in to one of these 'M.O.T. While U Wait' places, only to find the mechanic couldn't get his trolley jack under the skirts :lol:

He eventually cancelled the order for the new one... Guess I'm just saying that the car of your dreams might be a let down. But then you'll never know until you try owning it. (Sorry, just that I love Skylines! The GT-R33 is my all time top car.... so why did I buy an IS300??! :duh: ) :whistling: :winky:

I guess Mat is right Zee...

I'd still look at 911's though, you could get a 3-year old Carerra 4 for 30k.... B)

hmmm 911. that was my dream car for long time... Got one. Loved it. blew up the gearbox. THE END.

It was very cool though. I was suprised at how hard it was to live with. COuld never realler have such an uncomfortable car again after my CRX vs Lexus experience. I have learned what is important to me.

Zee, learn through experience what it is you really want. There is nothing to stop you having a skyline and then having soemthing else if u desire... :)

Thanks for the fantastic views and comments. Let me just re-itterate that although the Skyline has been my dream car, I was unsure as to which way to go, hence the reason I posted.

I wanted other peoples views as to what they would opt for, and I value everyones comments.

I have investigated running costs for the Skyline, and although parts are slightly dearer, the servicing is very reasonable.

I have also looked around at GS430 Sports, got more details on the RX-8 and been investigating further on the R34.

Will keep you posted on any decisions I make..........

Zee. :zee: