Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So - What Would You Do....?

Zee007

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GS430 is not a car you can chuck about quite happily - the S2000 you can!

Oh you are so wrong!

Correct me f I am wrong people but, Of all the IS200 owners thst have driven and enjoyed the GS430 Sport, Was it not the fact that you could use it as a limo AND chuck it about like a b road biiaaatch??

Thats what sold me on it anyway. GOt my call from Lexus Oxford yesterday.... think they are about to learn the hard way that there is such a thing as a free lunch... and I had one.

Loz

ok ....

The 2.5 is geared higher, and not as robust as the 2jz. that is why it was not used in the mk4 supra....the supra also uses sequential turbos to deliver the power smoother, whereas the soarer engine uses parrallel turbos

the benchmark BHP for the supra out of the factory was going to be 600bhp..but obviously the Head Honchos at Toyota thought this a little excessive, so reduced for sale...

the supra is also a very heavy car for its size, as it was designed to go fast they built in structural stability from the onset.

the supra is also capable of 180+ mph....its only on my car with the is200 differential that my top end is limited to 178mph, this is why i have taken the LS430 diff from TTE

THE 3 LITRE ALSO HAS MORE TORQUE

soarer weight 1550 kg

soarer torque 363 Nm @ 4800 rpm

supra weight 1490 kg

supra torque 431 Nm @ 3600 rpm

is200 weight 1395 kg

is200 torque 195 Nm @ 4600 rpm

gs300 weight 1686 kg

gs300 torque 298Nm @ 4000 rpm

gs430 weight 1690 kg

gs430 torque 419Nm @ 3500 rpm

skyline weight 1540kg

skyline torque 392Nm @ 3600 rpm

soarer max speed limited 112 mph.. unlimited 173 mph

supra max speed limited 156 mph... unlimited 170-180+ mph

is200 max speed................143 mph restricted by gearbox gearing

gs300 max speed...............143 mph limited

gs430 max speed................156 mph limited

skyline max speed...............155mph limited

all data found for manual cars..except gs300,gs430

ZEE i would seriously consider a GS......even if you can keep puting cash into the Nissan.......how long will the nissan be safe!!!

look at last years JAE

THE S2000 IS JUST NOT PRACTICLE

and i'll do you a good deal on an altezza

all data found for manual cars..except gs300,gs430

ZEE i would seriously consider a GS......even if you can keep puting cash into the Nissan.......how long will the nissan be safe!!!

look at last years JAE

THE S2000 IS JUST NOT PRACTICLE

and i'll do you a good deal on an altezza

Thanks a lot folks.......

Mat - I understand what you are saying, but the fact the GS is an auto also doesn't help. I know you can source me an Altezza, but you could source me a R34 too........

Steve - I thought about the Soarers, but not my cuppa pal....

Grim - hmmmmmmmmm..... something else to ponder over...... ;)

Loz - Great advise pal........ we'll talk more at Fezzie park on Sunday

Ian - Great advice too, much appreciated

DJ - What have you decided to go for?

supra weight 1490 kg

is200 weight 1395 kg

gs430 weight 1690 kg

skyline weight 1540kg

I don't care about top speed to be honest - 150/160 is fast enough. I DO however care about how quick I can get up to 50/70 etc and looking at the figures above, the skyline must be favourite based on tuning options...... no?

supra weight 1490 kg

is200 weight 1395 kg

gs430 weight 1690 kg

skyline weight 1540kg

I don't care about top speed to be honest - 150/160 is fast enough. I DO however care about how quick I can get up to 50/70 etc and looking at the figures above, the skyline must be favourite based on tuning options...... no?

Call my maths into question if you will, but the Supra looks like it has the best baseline from those figures... ANd we KNOW its tunable. should have been 600bhp anyway right?

Loz

Ps. why not get a supra and unleash the beast to 600 bhp and then keep the IS? NO!! NOOOO!!!!! Just get a GS430 and stop pulling out the grey hairs...

:P

Call my maths into question if you will, but the Supra looks like it has the best baseline from those figures... ANd we KNOW its tunable. should have been 600bhp anyway right?

Loz

Ps. why not get a supra and unleash the beast to 600 bhp and then keep the IS? NO!! NOOOO!!!!! Just get a GS430 and stop pulling out the grey hairs...

:P

You are of course quite correct Loz - however, the Supra is not on my list of options. Why? Because there are now far too many on the road, and I find the shape a little dated in my opinion.....

So second to the Supra in tuning terms? Looks like the Skyline to me.........

What about an evo you get a bit of every thing .looks,performance,handling,lots of room,interiour lets it down a bit .Just a suggestion before anyone slates me :duh:

Have already driven the evo 6 and 7. 7 is not an evo - it's an too toned down, and the 6 is great, but I was put off by 4k servicing intervals. I also looked at the Scoobies (before anyone asks) and the only one I would be tempted with is the old shape P1, but even then, scoobies are just too common......

Good suggestion though........

Lotus Esprit - don't see many on the road (could be a reason for that ?!)

I've always liked the look of them.........just a thought.

Having driven neither a Skyline or GS I couldn't really comment on the merits of the two.

Just as a matter of personal taste from looks, then my choice would be a Skyline.

Paul

DJ - What have you decided to go for?

I haven't decided yet mate.

My heart is telling me Honda S2000, but my head is telling me something else. The wife thinks I should hold off just now and stick with the current IS and see what happens next year from Lexus. And as all us married guys know, it's the wife that makes these decisions! :D

Actually, right now I'm tending to agreed with her - at least keeping it for another 6 months. I just don't want it to start costing me money as it will be out of warranty in September. I know I can extend this, but...

Zee

coming to this late - but my reading of this thread is that you 'want' the Skyline.

this is probably the "wrong" forum for a completely objective set of opinions (not being horrid guys) - obviously there is a large lexus bias on these boards, and that is reflected in the comments.

I have no personal experience of any of the cars you list - so can add no subjective advice.

But I have seen an awful lot of discussion of what has been / can be done to the GS on the US forums - and would recommend you spend some time looking and reading those forums - will give you a good (if again biased) view of what you could do to a GS NNN should you lean that way.

Zee my man - what an enviable choice you have to make :) I would sit down and have a good long hard think, what do I really want from a car?

- Is performance paramount? Do I want to blitz everyone I encounter? Has to be the Skyline I guess. Personally I love the rush, hence the motorbike (0-60 in 3s), but it's also true that it's getting more difficult to use all that power safely and without Mr.Plod feeling your collar. The Skyline is a car that will beg you to drive it hard! :shifty::whistling: :winky:

- Am I a mod junkie? Do I get my kicks from tweaking a car & making it unique? If so, then I'd skip the S2000. Looks like the Skyline or Altezza would take it here.

- Do I want to walk softly and carry a big stick?! If so, the GS430 is king. Fantastic comfort, refinement and power when I need it! Drove one at the Lewes Open Road event. Why didn't I buy a 2nd hand one of those instead of the IS300... doh! If it's gonna be a practical, 'working' car to take everything British roads can chuck at it... no contest! B)

- Do I really need to change my car now? Don't I enjoy the modded IS anymore? Financially the better option, and you get the chance to buy a new model IS. Maybe a V6 IS330 perhaps? :winky:

I've always had a love affair with the Skyline GT-R33, basically it had the balls that my 200SX lacked, and a softer shape than the R34. I'd go for the GS430, but it sounds like you really want the Skyline, and it is a cult motor. Hope you manage to decide soon :)

Zee,

Remember this little beauty I told you I saw in Tokyo.

Awesome...

S15_Spec_R.jpg

looks like a Nissan 240SX S15 release. Am I wrong GRiM ?

Zee,

The best choice is the GS 430

But I never go on reasonnable ways, I always follow my heart for my choices concerning cars (that's quite a big waste of money sometimes :blush: ) so I would go for the R34 (plus I LOVE that car)

That's what I would do if I could choose between the GS430 and the R34 whatever reason says :shutit: (but I would never have to choose as the skyline is not available in France :tsktsk: )

Very interesting reading....fantastic choice of cars.

I haven't driven any of these cars and so I'm baseing my choice of pure looks and 'bling bling'.

It has to be, wthout any doubt, the Nissan Skyline. The reason is quite simple, it has the looks, the style, the image, the s*x appeal and the power.

The GS is a lovely car, personally I think it's a bit on the large size and more for a man with a family. The S2000, again a great car but too small. If you chose the Altezza you will constantly be comparing it with your current IS, looks wise, they are very similar.

The Skyline is an awesome looking car, I think it would suit you Zee. :zee:

Tough choice mate, I'm confident you'll make the right one :winky:

Here are a few piccies to help you :D

skyline_from_2fast_2furious.jpg

Yellow_Nissan_Skyline_GTR_Leon_s_Car.jpg

Nissan_Blitz_Skyline_GT_R_R34_1999.jpg