Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So - What Would You Do....?

Zee007

another thing might be to weigh up the running costs

firstly find someone to insure you

servicing costs and plus bear in mind cost of parts

fuel means nothing if you have a super car.. you have to expect to pay heavy fuel costs.

I personally would do some maths and see which comes up best.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a pal of mine had a sunny gti-r one of the original uk ones only 2000 made on a k and l plate and spent major dough on it he then bought a rb22 and hated it he went back to nissan for a skyline and bought a new(then a v plate) skyline,he had it 9 months and it was in nissan for 7 of those with hundreds of faults including piston slap within 8k and had a new engine(he did drive like and idiot) but a car of supposodley of that spec should not be devloping faults like it did i have only had my is for 4 days and so far its the best most comfortable drivers type car i have driven(and i have had a few)i would go for the gs430 as if its anthing like an is you cant go wrong

why did i drive german for so long

john

another thing might be to weigh up the running costs

firstly find someone to insure you

servicing costs and plus bear in mind cost of parts

fuel means nothing if you have a super car.. you have to expect to pay heavy fuel costs.

I personally would do some maths and see which comes up best.

Great points Steve........ all covered:

- I have insurance with Adrian Flux who will not up my quote considerably for any of the cars

- Parts will be expensive, but I expect to pay a price as I WILL mod the car

- Fuel costs..... great point.... don't think I'm kidding myself there.....

And Mat - I understand what you are saying, but I'm sure I'm at the top of that hitlist already mate........ <_<

Having done more research and thinking, the Altezza is out the equation (to similar to what I have now). I am also tempted to drop the S2000 too - the feedback from people has not been good, and it is really not practical enough for me.

However, I am also going to throw another new motor into the frame - the Mazda RX-8.......

Views/comments/thoughts? :unsure:

Just one thing to bare in mind...

The R34 is the out-going model. won't the new one be tantalising once they hit the streets. I reckon I can keep my GS till they bring out a new shape (2004/5). BUtthen I will have to get soemthing more current I suspect.

Maybe not a GS by then....?

But I think you ill not like it when people walk past and say its, "the old model".... do you?

:ph34r:

good choice :D

I think the RX-8 is a great car, plus it's exclusive, new (i.e. unlikley to change in next 4-5 years).. reasonable running costs, semi-practical, great looker.. etc...

I would say the RX-8 would be the best choice out of all options discussed so far...

Mazda.....

Go out into the open plan office and tell 5 people at random that know what you drive now, "Hey, I just bought that new Mazda!" and mind your feet as they roll on the ground howling with laughter....

C'mon mate.

Id rather see you in a "last years model" skyline than a Mazda. What if I remind you that it is related to the MX5! aspiring owners will be gettng their 8 delvered same as you!

Nooooo :blink:

I have been a fan of this car since i see the pictures a while back and after seeing it last night on pulling power i am even more smitten .Looks the b :tsktsk: ks .And who cares if it is a mazda they also make the RX7 which has a good following . i have also owned 3 MX6,s and although dated now were also a great car .The only thing that concerns me is the engine as it seems very small for the size of car and has suffered reliability problems in previous mazdas .It is a car i can,t see doing high miles well.But at 20k seems a good buy if only i had 20k ;)

okay time to come clean...

Iused to have an RX7 back in 1995. Great car. better in some respects than the Porsche 944 it was aiming at.

The 1.3 Engine in the RX8 is a belter. it gets you low car tax (winner!)

But it is also not related to the ****el ENgine of old that used to need a rebuild every 20,000 miles or so. It is a new kind of rotary engine with much better relability, it is rhumoured...

Not mad about its look but suicide doors are cool. Rather have them on the old Lincoln town car from the 1970s though...

Is that a fair enough appraisal?

:yawn:

BUT its still gotta be a GS430 for my money.

The RX8 has poor fuel economy for it's size. I guess only time will tell if the engines will last 60,000miles +.

I know people who have owned Mazdas and they have all said they are expensive to own.

Yup!

DOn't ask me about the £747 MOT for my Xedos 6!!! *doh!* that was not supposed to come out....

I gotta say, I do love the new RX-8  :wub: and its now a Renisis Rotary Engine (so we can talk about it)

driving5_preview.jpgstudio4_preview.jpg

key4_l.jpgstudio5_preview.jpg

The RENESIS power-train will be available in two variations: the High Power specification (177kW (231PS) @8200rpm with a 9000 rpm limit) and the Standard Power unit (141kW(192PS)@7000rpm with a 7500 rpm limit)

rotary_renesis.jpg

RENESIS design characteristics are fundamentally different from those of current rotary engines. Side-exhaust technology provides a major increase in engine efficiency. RENESIS also has new fuel injectors that create an ultra-fine spray pattern and high-performance spark plugs to provide improved combustion of the fuel-air mix. The exhaust manifold is double-walled and keeps exhaust temperatures high, shortening the time it takes to warm up the catalyst. The new flat, wet-sump lubrication system contains a 40 mm-deep oil pan, only half as deep as current rotary engines.

Just in case you were interested??

Something I posted last month during a 350Z conversation....

Good point Fidgits, the RX8 is stacking up to be one tasty motor!

Wonder if they've overcome a couple of the problems of the old RX7, namely - awful fuel consumption, and the need to strip the engine down every 60K miles?

If it were me, it would be the Skyline, no contest.

Go with your heart for the car you really want. You'll not be happy with a compromise solution, and will be forever thinking ... if only????!!!!!

p.s. can I have a ride please? :winky:

I disagree with you there Mat...

I think it's great.. I have to buy a saloon for work, cos I have people from work coming over, so the car needs to be able to take 4 people, but this only happens 3 or 4 times a year, so apart from that, the back seat never gets used..

I'd love a coupe, but I couldn't really have one for those rare occasions.. to me, the Rx-8 offers a better comprimise between a coupe and saloon. The suicide doors means my VP wouldn't have to clamber into a tiny back seat.

Just my 2 cents...

One small snag if you decide to go for the RX8....

According to Mazda, deliveries of the car don't start until October this year, and nearly 1,200 people have already ordered one. So, you most likely won't actually get your hands on one until some time next year.

So... how about a 350Z then? :oops:

.... So... how about a 350Z then? :oops:

Much better choice than the hairdressers S2000, but still only a 2-seater.

And Zee's ruled out 2-seaters....

If you can afford the Skyline, then Skyline it is...

if you can't then... you know what! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links