Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Just an update.

I was having three problems, primarily, prior to the update mid-month:
- slow response to changing channel/song instructions;

- failure when attempting to use online functions, notably including attempting to access routes sent from the Lexus Portal to the car; and

- occasional freezing.

The update may have solved the last of these (I cannot be sure as it was only occasional), but hasn't solved the first two. Notably, the use of online functions still fails completely (this includes what I wrote above, but also accessing "Online Search" functions and such like). Attempt to access "external points" are met with "Error ID=214", and attempts to use Online Search with "Error ID=00" - this is peculiar as both worked when I first got the car but soon failed 99% of the time.

The update did vastly improve the navigation screen on the actual dashboard - this is now extremely clear and hugely more helpful than it was pre-update (pre-update there was no override and no colour display - it was all a bit confusing frankly and I found myself requiring the main screen).

Lexus Belfast has been left thoroughly perplexed. They had arranged to take my car in again to try the update again today, but upon seeing the problem opted to leave the car with me and seek out instruction (presumably from Japan?)

It doesn't really bother me, frankly, but there is little point making big fuss of all these Online services if they, er, don't ever work...

I spoke with Lexus Bolton yesterday as my sat nav now sends you the longest way possible to your destination and just stops the route without you realising. They told me it was not worth them having a look without any steer from Lexus and to give Lexus HQ a call to add weight to the argument for a new fix.

I spoke with Lexus who said they were not aware customers are having issues after having the upgrade and that this should have fixed all my issues. They advised that the car needs to be booked into the dealer as the unit must be faulty. I explained others were still having problems but they disagreed. Therefore the car is going in for investigations tomorrow.

I'll keep you updated.

Thank Stephen, updates appreciated. I'm obviously one of the luckier ones, my only outstanding issue is the phone favourites list dropping time after time. Hardly a big deal but annoying nonetheless.

I hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later, your issues are not insignificant.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

An update on this (apologies if I'm going on):

Two days of investigations at the dealership in December didn't get us anywhere. The dealer liaised with Lexus technical team and they asked numerous questions about phone versions and iPod software but didn't come up with anything.

I went away in the car the week after and the sat nav proved near useless. When coming home we had been driving for almost 30 minutes following the sat nav when we arrived back where we had started! The audio also repeatedly turned off which proved annoying.

Since coming home the screen turns off approximately every two days, reversing camera sometimes refuses to come on and I have had instances where the camera switches on randomly when I'm driving along amongst other issues.

Another phone call to Lexus and they have advised to book the car in the dealer AGAIN for yet more investigations. Here we go again....

I wondered if anyone else is having so many problems ?

Mine aren't as bad, but are fundamentally similar.

My sat-nav generally works okay (occasionally it gives up on the dash-screen). But functions associated with the Lexus Portal (sending routes directly to car; navigating via google) almost never work.

I have been into Lexus Belfast twice, most recently at the end of 2013 when they said they'd look for a solution, but they seem to have given up!

I don't think you are going on at all, these problems are significant and render the car very unreliable. Sounds like a lot more than software glitches to me.

I've not heard of anyone having so many problems, but who knows?

I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.

FYI latest software version is VC03101B.

Lexus have now released another update. FYI latest software version is now VC03101C.

Get booked into your local dealer.

I'd be interested to see what this version gives. I have delayed renewing my car and quite honestly reluctant to buy with these issues. I have to make a decision within the next week or so, I've got no chance of delaying again.

Mine goes in Thursday for Version C after I informed them--------I will let you know if it is a success as the B version was actually worse than the A derivative!

Tel

Installed version C today. Will get back with my findings. But it already feels like the Bluetooth is more stable and reconnects if you are out of coverage which did not work reliable for me earlier. I did not get any changelog.

• Like 1

Installed version C today. Will get back with my findings. But it already feels like the bluetooth is more stable and reconnects if you are out of coverage which did not work reliable for me earlier. I did not get any changelog.

That's good news. What phone are you pairing with the car?

<I'm expecting my lexus in May so I hope all these tech glitches get sorted as I do need a fully working sat-nav/bluetooth/etc system.>

I bet you do. So would I.

I've been away from the Forum for a while.

I was thinking about getting a new IS.

I'm having second thoughts now!

I can hardly believe what I'm reading.

I'd be really upset if that was my car.

The sat nav (and everything else associated with it) in my IS250 F-Sport MY11 is marvellous.

I love it and can't fault it.

What have they done to it?

Argento

Folks,

I honestly would *not* let this put you off buying the car.

Think about it: there are hundreds of happy customers out there with no satellite/audio problems at all. How likely are they to frequent a forum and a thread such as this?!

If you haven't bought the car yet, maybe wait for a Year 2 model (MY15) to be sure. Any gremlins are likely to be sorted by then. But *do* buy one, it's a fantastic car way ahead of the 2IS.

Folks,

I honestly would *not* let this put you off buying the car.

Think about it: there are hundreds of happy customers out there with no satellite/audio problems at all. How likely are they to frequent a forum and a thread such as this?!

If you haven't bought the car yet, maybe wait for a Year 2 model (MY15) to be sure. Any gremlins are likely to be sorted by then. But *do* buy one, it's a fantastic car way ahead of the 2IS.

I sort of agree but I'm trying to wait a little longer if I can.

I was one of the unlucky ones with the IS250 dash rattle that couldn't be solved. I've been to pretty much every dealer in the North West over the years and it annoys me EVERY time.

I'm not going to spend £38k on a car that the satnav cuts out or loses a phone book shortcut - stuff I use every single day.

So yes, it does put me off the car. I think this is quite reasonable. When I was in Lexus Liverpool there was someone in there with this problem and the odds of that as I happened to be in seem quite high really. He hadn't tried to research it on the net and didn't know of this site. I suspect there are a lot more out there.

I only hope version C does the trick as I'm running out of time! My Lexus history is long but find the lack of information disappointing.

Those of you who know me on here know I'm a fully qualified electronics engineer working with extremely complex hardware and software systems over the years so I'm more than qualified to find this unacceptable professionally as well as personally.

After a couple of days with "C" firmware i am a happy camper. not a glitch!! But i want it too work an week more before i am convinced that it is fixed.

Fingers crossed. All ok still so far?

Up-Date on my C-Version Issues.

The Phone Protocol to end a call has changed & is in fact much easier ------someone should have told me!

Calling "Home" was frustratingly unreliable--------whereas Call "Home Phone" appears perfect -------am assuming the other issues

e.g.rear camera picture on Nav in forward motion.have been banished------will let you know!

Quietly Chuffed.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have an IS300h Premier ie with the Nav. I am struggling to find the screen that shows the version number. Can you guys give me instructions on how to find it please? Many thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links