Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Is anyone having these problems with the non-navigation system?

well, the phone, which is a Nokia N8, when linked to the car is now refusing to answer calls or dial out. Was temporarily solved by a reinstallation /update of the N8's software (now the Australian Belle Refresh Version 111.040.1511), but its recurred this morning. Prior to the recurrence and phone software reinstallation, had previously paired the car with wife's phone and that phone worked.

Planning to test a hypothesis that its caused by the 'Call history' entries exceeding what the Audio/Nav software was engineered to cope with. So have told the system NOT to sync call history.

Regards

I've had my update done this morning at Lexus Bolton. First impressions are that it is faster when changing tracks with the iPod but it has already forgotten the favourite contacts I programmed in when I got the car out of the garage. The voice activation does seem to have come back but it was intermittent before so time will tell.

I'll see how I go and keep you updated.

Brilliant Tel. Top marks for thinking of that!

I had a call from Lexus today, mine's going in on Monday. It'll be the first one they've done so I've a loan car as they don't know how long it will take. Will obviously report back here.

Well, it was done yesterday although it took a good deal longer than expected. I believe this was more to do with the instructions the dealer had from Lexus rather than the update itself. I had foreseen this and arranged to borrow a loan car (base model IS300h - was I pleased to get back into mine :)).

Anyway, my only issues were the Bluetooth audio freezing after 5 mins, and the continual dropping of my favourites phone list. Minor issues but annoying nonetheless. I'm pleased to say that so far both appear to be resolved. I have done about 5 separate trips since the update of sufficient length to test the Bluetooth issue, and all is fine with that. The phone list is also still there, so I'm pleased.

I asked them if they had a list of the bugs that were fixed and they said no, and I also forgot to get the update version number, apologies.

So, what with a combination of repaired alloys and fully functioning infotainment system, I'm a happy bunny. Oh, and one of the girls at the hand car wash I go to complimented me on the car - seeing how many they see that is high praise indeed!!

That's great news - thanks for the update.

An update on mine:

After the update Saturday morning the favourites in my contacts dropped after my first trip. I programmed them back in on Saturday and thought I'd cracked it but today they have disappeared again.

Yesterday the system started going slow when running the iPod and again keeps saying 'getting data from iPod' each time I tried to change track.

On the plus side the voice command is now working everytime where it had previously packed up altogether and the system in general seems much faster.

Got my shiny black F-Sport and even though it's the non-Nav version its plagued with audio issues.

DAB refuses to do anything atall.

AM is full of presets that just seem to be random frequencies (rather than actual stations) which I can't override and the iPod function is useless as it constantly freezes and won't let me change track, browse or do anything. Have to disconnect it manually then re-attach constantly.

Is there any sort of reset facility does anybody know?

Chaps,

There is now a software update available for this specific issue and a few others.

Contact your local Lexus Dealer (or us at Lexus Stoke on 01782 599200) and we would be delighted to get this issue resolved, it takes about an hour including a wash.

Thanks,

Chris King

Lexus Stoke

Chris, obviously in your position you're in the know. I've got the full-option model with satnav and Mark Levinson and was with my dealer in Brussels last week for another problem. They claim that they haven't received any updates and that they would be country-specific, explaining why you'd have them in the UK. Could that be true? My car is completely set up for English but I can't imagine Lexus releasing country-specific software as is would be a complete headache to control.

John,

The Up-grade is Area Specific so it is Europe that has our version of the Up-date which is different to that released in the US/Canada,Far East etc.---------your Dealer is wrong & clearly does not have the USB & TB.

Tel ------I have received a call this morning & mine goes in next week for a 20 minute Up-grade.

I have had similar problems - the Sat Nav / Radio / Phone display, went off again this morning - this is the third time – (black screen and no sound). After a while the radio came back on but the Sat Nav area was blank. I played around with the ‘joystick’ and home/menu buttons and eventually got the Sat Nav display to work again.

I hope that the upgrade will fix these problems. Mine is going in on the 21st december to Lexus - Chester.

Mike et al,

That was exactly my problem - actually began to happen more frequently this month.

I actually owe you all a debt of gratitude - having seen you writing about it here, I sought and got the software update on Thursday from Lexus Belfast (who were surprised by my request but, when they sought info from Lexus UK they were able to proceed with it).

As mine was the first car in for the update, they gave me a courtesy car for 24 hours, so I've no idea how long it takes!

It takes about 15 mins but apparently the notes that come with it can confuse the dealer, and with all things technological the devil is in the detail.

My issues were dropping Bluetooth audio, which now happily seems rectified, and dropping of favourites saved in the phone book. Regretfully despite early results, the phone book has again disappeared and all I have is the Lexus assistance pre fill. I've tried it a couple of times and it's dropping again.

Minor but annoying nonetheless.

Had the Up-Grade in 20 minutes but found the Nav had gone back to Factory Settings erasing my preferences for Navigation,Phone & Audio.

Resolved all bar one niggle that I cannot fathom-------on completion of a call the System cancels said call,the Radio plays & the Nav continues to guide But the call I made is still on the screen!

My previous Version ,upon pressing the Phone button,the System returned to the Nav Screen!

Any ideas please?

Tel.

All my voice tags have been lost and the phone disconnected suddenly for no reason, setting up the tags is such a pain and not knowing when they might be lost again is even worse!

All my voice tags have been lost and the phone disconnected suddenly for no reason, setting up the tags is such a pain and not knowing when they might be lost again is even worse!

I agree, and unfortunately the update does not seem to have rectified the problem. At least my Bluetooth audio is now working properly (that's probably the kiss of death!).

Well since I had my car on the 1st of September the system has crashed a total of 3 times... Since having the update on Tuesday the system has crashed at least 3 times every day. I have asked them to put the old software back on!

Well since I had my car on the 1st of September the system has crashed a total of 3 times... Since having the update on Tuesday the system has crashed at least 3 times every day. I have asked them to put the old software back on!

That's ridiculous! Can the dealer reverse the process? Lexus do seem to have dropped the ball on this one.

Mine was due to go in to Lexus Chester tomorrow, but when I called to confirm, I was advised that Lexus HQ had told them not to do the up-date yet. Obviously, the so called update is not all it should be! They are now probably waiting on an up-date to the up-date! What a farce.

I am waitin

That's ridiculous! Can the dealer reverse the process? Lexus do seem to have dropped the ball on this one.

I am waiting for a reply... The dealer is having to speak to Lexus about it. If anyone is contemplating the upgrade I would hold off until they sort it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links