Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Yes, I mean in the dash display. After the first software update (Version B) I got a superb, clear dash display that came on regardless of which function I had selected - really good. After the latest, I appear to have lost it again. I've called in with Lexus Belfast who are going to try Lexus GB for me.

My previous problem (re non-downloading) has in fact been solved, which is great. But I'm frustrated to lose the sat-nav dash display, as it once again means taking my eyes off the road to look at the map on the centre console (a map which, I have to say, I find slightly confusing especially when approaching actual junctions/turns).

I finally updated mine to version D of the software which you can now download from the My Lexus portal and install via USB stick.

The system is definitely snappier and not as slow witted as it used to be and now I have no problems with it dropping my Bluetooth audio. It now also faultlessly connects to my messages/e-mails which previously sometimes required me to reconnect to the phone to get it to work.

Finally, the live traffic seems to work better although the sat nav is now missing the secondary box on the right hand side of the screen at junctions. It used to display a close up for the forthcoming junction (Bit like the one that appears in the info screen on the dashboard) with a moving image but this appears to have disappeared. The junction detail in info screen on the dashboard version is still available but I don't always have it open (I have the F-Sport digital dash so it only appears if you slide the main dial across) so its easy to miss and so you can easily miss your junction or turning if its in a built up area.

I have checked that I have exactly the same settings as I used to have just to make sure that I was not missing anything.

Otherwise, its seems to be an improvement.

Having said that, I have never been able to access the google search function and this is still blank now! Maybe version 'K' in 2 years time might have it all resolved!

Finally - I always see pictures of the sat nav in 3D style in various adverts - but mine has only ever been 2D and I cannot see any options to change this - Am I missing something?

2D/3D Nav Screens with Split Screen route junctions on the Nav itself have been available since Launch.

Visited my Dealer who denied a D-Version was out & stated C was the only Option!

Tel

Foolishly or not, as my only issue seemed to be continual dropping of phone contacts, I have downloaded and updated the software to version "D". I will test it over the next few days and hopefully report back without any issues. I'll not be happy if things like the mini nav in the dash display disappears!

Foolishly or not, as my only issue seemed to be continual dropping of phone contacts, I have downloaded and updated the software to version "D". I will test it over the next few days and hopefully report back without any issues. I'll not be happy if things like the mini nav in the dash display disappears!

All good. No new glitches and my one remaining gripe of phone favourites dropping appears to be sorted.

Don't wanna be the bringer of bad news, but mine still drops favourites and I am on version D :(

I knew I posted too soon - thought I'd check this morning, and guess what? Yep, they've gone again. Version E anyone?

Well, I'm nearly there! The latest update has me sorted with the Lexus Portal, Online Search, Downloading External Points and even Messaging (a real bonus). Still no turn-by-turn on dash display, but we're getting closer!

Ian, just a thought but the dash display shows the compass but no turn by turn? Have you tried the down button on the wheel? I thought I'd lost it after the last update until I scrolled down. You probably have tried it already but you never know.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to read the issues you're all having. Good to know I'm not alone. I've just written to Toyota CEO and Lexus MD to make sure the issue is being heard at the highest level.

My biggest issue is the dreadful echo heard by the other party on a Bluetooth connected call by Iphone 5. I now can't use my phone in the car. Anyone got any fixes for this?

I made the point to the CEO that the £18k Renault Clio I've just hired whilst on business had a significantly better nav / phone system ...

Interesting to read the issues you're all having. Good to know I'm not alone. I've just written to Toyota CEO and Lexus MD to make sure the issue is being heard at the highest level.

My biggest issue is the dreadful echo heard by the other party on a Bluetooth connected call by iPhone 5. I now can't use my phone in the car. Anyone got any fixes for this?

I made the point to the CEO that the £18k Renault Clio I've just hired whilst on business had a significantly better nav / phone system ...

I'd be interested to know how you get on, elmsfieldbob. My email to Lexus Europe didn't bring about any meaningful results (see Potential Manufacturing Defect). I think the only way to get heard is that everyone in the club who has an issue let their voice be heard in a joint letter telling them very clearly about how crappy certain points of the car are - especially an infotainment / satnav system that would do a Dacia injustice. (I'm actually convinced Lexus never even reads the forum!) ;)

I wish you all much luck in resolving these issues!

After the latest update to mine started to delete my phone contacts I decided enough is enough. I tried a number of routes to resolve the situation but after speaking to my finance company we finally agreed on a partial rejection of the car. I have now returned it and am the happy owner of an Audi A5 which all works perfectly.

Good luck to you all !!

Crikey Stephen, it must really have been winding you up! The Lexus customer service obviously didn't deliver on this occasion, and did they not have an acceptable solution to keep you in the fold or had you simply had enough?

I wish you all much luck in resolving these issues!

After the latest update to mine started to delete my phone contacts I decided enough is enough. I tried a number of routes to resolve the situation but after speaking to my finance company we finally agreed on a partial rejection of the car. I have now returned it and am the happy owner of an Audi A5 which all works perfectly.

Good luck to you all !!

Wish I had the choice :(

Good luck, and maybe we'll meet some day on the A5 Owner's Club Forum !!!

Thanks guys!

I don't feel there was any genuine attempt to keep me in the fold, they did mention a few options but none of them came to anything. I was/am genuinely gutted to be leaving the brand after having a 220d, 250 and then the 300h. I think Lexus accepted that they couldn't offer me another because they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't have the same faults and they have no idea when the situation would be resolved.

That said Lexus Bolton were great and we left things on good terms.

The problems were really infuriating me and it was highlighted when I borrowed my sisters Renault Captur and her entertainment system worked fine on a car that was a fraction of the cost.

Elmsfield Bob, I also get the echo (most times), very annoying that a 2014 model suffers this basic issue. The voice control is infuriating. Both seamless in a Mercedes. How can the Japanese get tech so wrong. The sat nav is like going back to Donkey Kong Jr after playing Gran Turismo 6. Re-routing engine poor also. Not enough DAB presets and not enough DAB song info shown. I could go on.

So are there any cars out there with a fully working entertainment satnav system? I don't remember my demo being that bad, I had it back in October though. My Iphone 5 worked and so did my old ipod classic?

When you say it deletes your contacts? It's physically removing them from the phone or just from the infotainment system?

So are there any cars out there with a fully working entertainment satnav system? I don't remember my demo being that bad, I had it back in October though. My iPhone 5 worked and so did my old ipod classic?

When you say it deletes your contacts? It's physically removing them from the phone or just from the infotainment system?

I've had my 3IS since mid Dec. and everything works fine, the only " fault " I have noticed is the sat. nav. seems to suggest some strange routes, but it hasn't being a problem so far.

I believe there has being a software update since a I took delivery, but I think I will stick to the old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it, and I love the way it reads out your texts.

D

• Like 1

This discussion is making me nervous as my car is due imminently and I relay massively on being able to make phone calls while travelling so i need this area to be reliable.

I felt my test drive car was fine and synched well with my samsung S3 so thought all was well until this thread.

I am hoping that its the usual case of a few people with problems generating a lot of discussion with the majority being fine and hence quiet..

I doubt my lease compnay will entertain the idea of swapping the car just because of this so I am fixed for next 2 years.

Maybe I am worrying unnecessarily and it will all be fine.. Fingers crossed..

Mine works perfectly with the C-Version & the Protocol I have developed to make a Call on my Iphone i.e.Press Voice Button,say Call Fred then Dial,end a conservation,then press to end the Voice System which beeps twice & returns the Main Screen back to the Nav & the Dab Station.

Really surprised a System Reset & a re-boot of Version C or later did not resolve the above issues or,of course,a System Replacement in the extreme.

Tel

Well, I've held off and held off but can't wait.

I know it would wind me up. I was one of the unlucky ones that they just could not cure the dashboard noises and it annoys me up every time I get in the car. I accepted too many repairs for a rejection when I bought it.

I'm not paying for a better quality car with known issues. If cars are being rejected and losing custom, I suspect Lexus will be pushing a lot into solving the issues, it's just not happening soon enough unfortunately but after 3 updates and people still having issues, this has confirmed I'm not going to be buying.

I'm on version D and the only problem is the phone favourites dropping, which is a minor irritant. I use the same process as Tel describes above and have not had anybody complain about the quality of the audio.

The nav can have odd ideas on routing but nothing too different from others I'm sure.

Like anything it can take a little while to get used to it, and it certainly ain't apple intuitive but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, just be prepared to spend a little time finding your way around it. IMHO anyway.

I'm on version D and the only problem is the phone favourites dropping, which is a minor irritant. I use the same process as Tel describes above and have not had anybody complain about the quality of the audio.

The nav can have odd ideas on routing but nothing too different from others I'm sure.

Like anything it can take a little while to get used to it, and it certainly ain't Apple intuitive but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, just be prepared to spend a little time finding your way around it. IMHO anyway.

Seems that only a minority are facing problems. Of course, when people have problems they refer to forums to fix it, hence you guys are all on this thread. I was talking to my dealer, he says they have very little complains, about 3 in 100 cars sold.

However, I have specifically requested a 2014 plate IS250/300h F Sport for an extended test drive over the course of a week when I put my RX450h for a service. I kerbed one of the wheels and its going in for a fix as well as a full valet so its apparently going to take them about 7 days so I will check if I have any problems with the software.

Furthermore, it appears that WHATCAR have had no problems with the system in their long term reviews. Just saying as I reckon they would be the first to complain!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links