Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Good news involving my lack of Iphone control via USB. I bought a new cable and it has been working just fine. The original one was genuine but had seen better days!

• 4 months later...

On your mobile phone, enable 'Bluetooth tethering'!

I thought it was worth recording this for the sake of anyone, in future, reading this forum on Audio / Nav Frustration.

I have spent hours/days trying to get Lexus Connected Services to download traffic information from the Internet and map destination points from my PC. I only discovered the existence of the Lexus Owners Club by Googling "Lexus connected services problem ID=214". The comment by Ian J. Parsley, on 27 February 2014, seemed to exactly explain my situation. (In addition, while driving, I periodically received the error message "Download not done"). Having gone through all the subsequent pages in this forum, which I found helpful, I was left with the impression that my car had a software problem and was ready to go back to the dealer. However, on my Samsung Galaxy S5, turning on 'Bluetooth tethering' was the (final) solution. (Originally, I incorrectly thought there was no problem with my phone because I had already paired it and receive phone calls and text messages using the car's display.)

I think the three most useful things to do are: –
1. Download and read 'Lexus Connected Services quick reference guide'. (There's also a video to watch.)
2. From the Lexus Customer Portal, download the latest software i.e. 'Update for Lexus vehicles' (a 'free purchase') which is described as Route Guidance and Traffic Information Optimisations; also use 'Software Upgrade Guide for LEXUS —19 Aug 2015'.
3. Assuming you have already Bluetooth Paired your mobile phone with your car, enable 'Bluetooth tethering' (or the equivalent for your model of mobile phone). (On my phone, if I have switched it off, when I switch it back on I have to re-enable 'Bluetooth tethering'.)

I hope this will be a help to anyone suffering from not getting Lexus Connected Services to work properly.