Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scraped My Door. Advice Welcome

petayV8

Should i buy new trim or somehow restore the paintwork? also got a hairline scratch on the door from the same scrape :( im angry at myself but at the same time it is what it is

2013-10-12_16-53-31_252_zpsdf68de8e.jpg

I would contact a company that does those "smart repairs" and see what they can do, if you buy the replacement trim the colour may not match due to the original paint aging.

If you want to go down the replacement road the part number is 75731-53010-?? where ?? is the paint colour (BO for silver metalic) priced around £80.00.Then you have to deal with the scratch.

Thx for info. Is it easy to pull off trim?. Ive got some heavy duty adhesive. The hairline scratch isnt anything major seems trim did its job

Thanks so much Ian! but i also have one and have done my best to touch it up for the time being. saying that mines almost empty so i may take up your offer. ill be at the meet

I would imagine it is self adhesive,you will be able to tell from the new one.

To assist the removal of the old one I would warm it up with a hairdryer to soften the adhesive and work along its length heating and lifting as you go.

Make sure you remove all traces of the adhesive left on the door with solvent (iso propyl alcohol perhaps?) before fitting the new one.

Useful advice thanks however ive cleaned, polished and touched up where nessasary and it looking nearly unoticeable but its been wet which plays in my favour I think. Ill reasess next time I give her a clean and go from there. Thanks again for advise guys

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if anyones interested but heres a update. Was panicking initially however the car scraped a cable trunking on the side of a wall not the wall (not sure if i mentioned that) therefore the damage polished out quite well as it was just a plastic or rubber painted piece, it did nip some paint off in a few places but after touching up and polishing again it seems to be acceptable but not perfect. here is after pic anyway, im pretty happy with it, if the car was perfect to begin with i might care more but it needs a bit spent on to be there....

2013-10-29_16-37-56_250_zpsf4159783.jpg

• 2 weeks later...