Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 Lowering Springs....

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you can advise me on what lowering springs I should go for. On previous cars I have always gone for Eibach lowering springs & they have always transformed the road holding of the car & also kept a pretty smooth ride, but cant help thinking that maybe I should go for the TTE springs instead....

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

TTE springs are made by Eibach:smug:

So if a order TTE, TRD or EIBACH i will get the exactly same springs ? ;)

TRD springs are made by KYB in Japan, as are a lot of their products. TRD just give them the specifications and KYB manufacture the lot.

I'm using HKS springs are they are very good. Not very much difference in ride quality but I must say that they've dropped the car a hell of a lot! I now can't even sneak one finger in between the wheel arch and tyre when previously, 4 fingers would go. BTW, I paid around AUD$300 for my HKS springs.

Yep...think i'll go for the eibach...Lowering isnt what im really interested in as usually when you have more than two people in the car the tyres start rubbing on the arches...so from previous experience this doesnt happen!! Thanxs all of you for your invaluable feedback!!:cool:

Originally posted by Zee007

I've had Spax springs put on my Lexus - 25mm drop, and decent ride quality. Looks good, handles well and a bargin at £160 fitted!

Hi Zee, have the spax springs lowered your IS sport by a further 25mm or are they the figures quoted for the standard IS (15mm higher than sport model)

Can you post a picture of the wheel and wheelarch so I can see the gap between them please? I would definately be interested in them for £160 fitted - where were they from?

Hi Andy,

Well my IS Sport is a 2000 model. This is before they reduced the height of the Sports by 15mm over the standard S's and SE's. I believe this is only over the last year as I've looked at previous brochures and the ride height is the same.

So this is 25mm off standard ride height. There is absolutely NO rubbing (and thats with 4 people and a full boot of luggage), great handling and looks (of course!).

Pictures can be found of the gap here:http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/html/modules.php?set_albumName=album01&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=17

u2u me if you want more details...

Zee :kiss:

i am getting 19's in a few weeks, so I will have to lower it to avoid my car looking like a 4x4! I have kind of decided on the Eibach springs and was wondering if anyone could give me an opinion on them. Also how much I should lower the ride. I was quoted £160 for the spings but just over £300 for them fitted. Any comments????