Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Double Din Security?

LeoLex

Hi everyone,

So I'm looking to replace my standard radio with an aftermarket, particularly one that has no removable faceplate. But something is holding me back. The security issue. Double dins without removable face parts are an invitation to thieves.

I am wondering if the oem radio Lex IS200 ('03) can be removed from the facsia so that it can be placed over the aftermarket one as a dummy.

Other than spending out more another stereo, updating security alarm system/s or buying the dummy fascia on eBay, which is obviously known to the car stereo thief what can I do to secure my stereo :question:

Thanks,

Leon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

So I'm looking to replace my standard radio with an aftermarket, particularly one that has no removable faceplate. But something is holding me back. The security issue. Double dins without removable face parts are an invitation to thieves.

I am wondering if the oem radio Lex IS200 ('03) can be removed from the facsia so that it can be placed over the aftermarket one as a dummy.

Other than spending out more another stereo, updating security alarm system/s or buying the dummy fascia on ebay, which is obviously known to the car stereo thief what can I do to secure my stereo :question:

Thanks,

Leon

The pioneer double din are awesome , avh something I can't remember which one I use to have , played dvd the lot , easy to bypass for playing dvd too , was around 350 I think but well worth it and didn't look nick able either .