Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Photo Shopped Is300

Hi everyone, before deciding on how to modify my IS300 I thought I would get a photoshop picture to see how it would look. This was when I was thinking about a Matte Grey vinyl wrap. I have since decided it might look a bit chavvy and I would be better of with a re-spray. However the wheels/lights etc I am quite keen on, any one got any thoughts?

post-48304-0-69475700-1382276171_thumb.j

that's a neat drop & nice rims..

not sure about the lights though - i think its a bit over the top should i say -

but in the end - its all personal preference fellers' :outforcount:

always associated them hela lights with Bmer's for some reason any other car and I think its a BMW wannabe lol but that's me..

I've always thought of them as a BMW thing too, but we can't let them keep them forever because they look too good! lol

Yeah the angel eyes are a Beemer thing but the DRL's started as an Audi thing before all the others jumped on the band wagon. I'm definately going to change my lights as one of them has gone quite yellow, the other one is still ok though, bit strange! The other mod that I really like is when the rear fogs become additional brake lights. I think the car came like that in Jap/Us markets looks wicked at night. Mot failure I know, as I would have to fit a high level/parcel shelf brake light (like the early 1st gen cars had) and an import style bolt on fog light to get It through. They would come straight off later on.

Yeah the angel eyes are a Beemer thing but the DRL's started as an Audi thing before all the others jumped on the band wagon. I'm definately going to change my lights as one of them has gone quite yellow, the other one is still ok though, bit strange! The other mod that I really like is when the rear fogs become additional brake lights. I think the car came like that in Jap/Us markets looks wicked at night. Mot failure I know, as I would have to fit a high level/parcel shelf brake light (like the early 1st gen cars had) and an import style bolt on fog light to get It through. They would come straight off later on.

The rear fog conversion isn't an mot fail as they still function as fogs as well. There are 2 versions..one is fogs act as brake lights only, version 2 is fogs act as brake lights and rear lights and also as fogs.

Had the second version on my old is200 and passed mot no problem. You can also add a switch to disable conversion if you wish.

Ok an OEM light opened up with LED's fitted interesting! It's definitely an Euro spec car as it has the washer jets!

they aren't LEDs ;) it a mini cooper projector shroud with an angel eye installed behind it. The projector itself gives me an output like this only the step is on the other side for uk spec. from Northern Ireland currently in Carlisle.

img1038g.jpg

If ya google "IS200 projector retrofit" the top hit is my install ;)

Hi Ian, thanks for the info. That would certainly save a load of hassle, did you have LED fogs? Also did you still have a high level brake light in your rear spoiler? A thought is that I might remove my rear spoiler, I think the cars without look better from the rear. If I had no spoiler would the fog/break lights still pass an mot. I thought you had to have some sort of high level brake light?

Those lights look evil at night, bet people move out the way!! Good job though, your idea or did you see it somewhere?

A combination of me needing a projector output (razor sharp cutoff, zero glare, blue flicker without putting in blue light caused by light refraction across the cutoff shield) and inspiration from hidplanet.com and www.theretrofitsource.com.

img1084xj.jpg night shot

Evil ;) next time the headlights are opened I'm painting the backside of the cutoff shield red then I'll have evil eyes. No effect on output with red paint as it's on a none reflective surface inside projector.

Like the photoshop, and each to their own. Everyone has an opinion and if that's yours you go for it.

I have had several aftermarket light options and to honest they're all crap! Cheap projectors that aren't even as good as the OEM lights. Projector retrofit is the only way, but then try to find somewhere in the UK that does it! Failing that go with a good quality HID like HIDS4U 5000k kit, just right.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the early 2000's I was heavily into the VW scene and had a mark 2 golf with a flush tailgate and solenoid release etcpost-48304-0-81699800-1383486614_thumb.j. Has anyone seen a 1st gen IS without the rear fogs? I think it looks quite good but your welcome to comment! Yes, as you can see I'm bored at work and back on photoshop again!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links