Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H Colour Choice

holy hell, dont use t cut! its like the most abrasive thing ever! tar spots need to be taken off with a tar remover. Youll be going through the paint with t cut in 2-3 applications

Thanks for the concern - Locally our roads are often sprayed tar and granite chipped over time as the will to wash and polish declines a significant build up can arise particularly on the near side wing behind the wheel and along the sill. Also stone chips as well, Tar remover just doesn't work some times.

Spray tar and chip is a blight.

I only T cut or T cut wax on stubborn tar spots, scratches and any bloom, I did say "T cut for stubborn tar spots later as car gets older." Accent on the older.

I have no association with it but there are some modern style products about, also you can use the original cut with 3 part polish it is mild, in both cases it is an infrequent use product.

I have yet to go through the lacquer or the paint.

holy hell, dont use t cut! its like the most abrasive thing ever! tar spots need to be taken off with a tar remover. Youll be going through the paint with t cut in 2-3 applications

Thanks for the concern - Locally our roads are often sprayed tar and granite chipped over time as the will to wash and polish declines a significant build up can arise particularly on the near side wing behind the wheel and along the sill. Also stone chips as well, Tar remover just doesn't work some times.

Spray tar and chip is a blight.

I only T cut or T cut wax on stubborn tar spots, scratches and any bloom, I did say "T cut for stubborn tar spots later as car gets older." Accent on the older.

I have no association with it but there are some modern style products about, also you can use the original cut with 3 part polish it is mild, in both cases it is an infrequent use product.

I have yet to go through the lacquer or the paint.

Tcut is awful. If youre looking for a strong tar remover try autosmart tardis. Literally melts the stuff off. Really really good but just dont get it on plastics or it melts them too. Best thing to do is use a cloth to wipe it on the whole panel and the tar WILL melt.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered the Ultra Blue (never seen one in the flesh) and cover around 30k per annum. I doubt I'll do anything other than wash it occasionally and would assume the Lexus isn't any different really to all my previous cars with similar mileage on.

The finish on the wheels does look a bit trick, so perhaps some magic fluid from Halfords will appear on my expenses - any recommendations?

Mine arrives on 3rd Feb, so not quite the 1st March!

I've just ordered the Ultra Blue (never seen one in the flesh) and cover around 30k per annum. I doubt I'll do anything other than wash it occasionally and would assume the Lexus isn't any different really to all my previous cars with similar mileage on.

The finish on the wheels does look a bit trick, so perhaps some magic fluid from Halfords will appear on my expenses - any recommendations?

Mine arrives on 3rd Feb, so not quite the 1st March!

If you mean for the wheel paint, dont try sticking any kind of touch up on it. Its unbelievably difficult to get right. Even Lexus themselves wont be able to match it perfectly. They usually paint all the wheels the same colour

Painted wheels - will need to be careful with these then when manoeuvering around then..

I tend to use Muc Off on everything as I have it for cleaning motorcycles and it works a treat. It's an alkaline cleaner but I'll check with Lexus what they recommend before I burn off the paint as maybe some Wonder Wheels or Autoglym product would be better..

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links