Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was Looking To Buy A Lexus :<

So, I was looking to buy an is200, which I thought would be an awesome 2nd car, and obviously I know the insurance won't be cheap, but it should be manageable however when I rang the insurance company today they said they can't insure anyone under 23 years of age on an is200? This was me on my parents policy too D: Even tho I've held my license for 2 years

So are there any other insurers that people can recommend or should I just get another car completely

EDIT: the company was lv

How ridiculous!!! I know quite a few owners of IS200's under the age of 23!

Just shows once again that insurance company's know nothing about the car they are insuring! Do they think it's a fast car? Lol...

Just use another company. I know a 21 year old who has his insured for £900 fully comp!! That's only £350 more than me and I'm 35 with 13 years no claims!!

Yeah thats what I said! I was like its not an evo or something lol, but oh well, reason I chose with LV was that I have an existing policy with them and thought they would be ok and giving a price, I'll check other companies later

EDIT: Any idea what insurance company hes with? Or your self?

The best thing I've learnt is that in the first few years of driving you best bet it to shop around every year. I always just go for the cheapest most obscure company I find on compare the market or similar and have had no problems dealing with them in the past.

I'm with Esure mate but I wouldn't recommend them. They put my policy up by £100 for changing the alloys!! Same size, width etc as the standard Lexus 18"s but they're black and silver so obviously that makes my car go faster increasing the insurance premium :whistling:

I'll ask for you what company my mate is with.

Thanks guys and lmfao @ "but they're black and silver so obviously that makes my car go faster", and yeah I'll be looking around, I mean I been working my ***** off doing overtime to buy a car I actually really like ;p,

just go on comparison web sites get a quote off there ring the company and see if you can even get it down further if you pay it in one lump sum instead of instalments. still cant get my head round why they wont insure you on an IS200..a modern 2.0 litre Astra diesel makes more power then the IS and I bet they wont have issues insuring you on that one. or maybe its cus the IS can be modded easily to make more power but that's if you can find the supercharger ..

Comparison sites don't work for me, like for my current car if I put it in those sites the quotes come up like, coupla £k more expensive than what I pay lol, idk I'll look around tomorrow, if not might need to find another car to have or carry on using this one for another year or so

EDIT: Yeah I pay it in one lump

im 22, ive got a is200 sport, and registered everything on my policy as standard, im the main driver and keeper and ive got 1 year no claims bonus. ive checked all the comparison sites i could think of and they all came up quite expensive. i live in london, so standardly my insurance would be more than anywhere else in the UK. i found that tesco insurance was the cheapest, im currently paying £210 per month. i think u should check tesco, especially if u or anyone u know has a clubcard with loads of points.

hope this helps.

g

Im 26 and with 1st central, i pay about £400 a year but have a really low excess and all the benefits except break down cover as i get that with my bank. Im now thinking i shouldnt of just gone by those comparison sites. oh well.

I put off buying a IS200 when i 23 due to insurance and waited till i was 25 and when i hit 25 it was a bday present to myself :D . The IS200 is in insurance group 12 which is average for a car of its type and power. scoobys Type Rs etc are 15 and up. I know groups dont always mean alot but just saying no reason why they wouldnt insure you cus its not classed as a fast car in 12

im 22, ive got a is200 sport, and registered everything on my policy as standard, im the main driver and keeper and ive got 1 year no claims bonus. ive checked all the comparison sites i could think of and they all came up quite expensive. i live in london, so standardly my insurance would be more than anywhere else in the UK. i found that tesco insurance was the cheapest, im currently paying £210 per month. i think u should check tesco, especially if u or anyone u know has a clubcard with loads of points.

hope this helps.

g

Dude! £210 per month! :msn-oh: or per year?

LOL @petay yep u read correctly per month mate. Its a killer but i wouldnt change my car for the world right now. Its the cheapest i could find and i refused to get any other car lol.. Plus ive got my bike insurance as well so u know the amount i spend on insuring my toys is actually ridiculous

Rang up a few insurance companies today including tesco, and they can't insure me, fk ripppppppppppppppp, its one insurance group up on my toyota atm lmao, so yeah, I'll just have to get an is200 another year then :(,

Its that high bcz of where i live. I had a 1.8 T audi a3 and i was paying 230 before i got this car. My part of London insurers think they have a right to take the ***** out if vulnerable young folks like myself as we cant do anything about it :( believe me it was the cheapest and ive searched high and low. It wouldve been cheaper had i made someone else main driver and keeper, but im tryna build up my no claims etc so next 3 years i can graduate to the big boy league of cars :)

Rang up a few insurance companies today including tesco, and they can't insure me, fk ripppppppppppppppp, its one insurance group up on my toyota atm lmao, so yeah, I'll just have to get an is200 another year then :(,

I can't believe they won't insure you just because of your age. There seems to be plenty of people your age and under driving IS's. Something your not telling us? Some convictions or frequent claims maybe? :whistling:

I can't believe they won't insure you just because of your age. There seems to be plenty of people your age and under driving IS's. Something your not telling us? Some convictions or frequent claims maybe? :whistling:

Haha, nah all clean and legit here man seriously, and yeah thats what I thought, I'm not sure what it could be though :s

EDIT: But when I do cars like, audi a4, honda civic 2.2 diesel etc they give me quotes so must be something about the lexus? lol

Ahhh London.... I remember not being able to get insurance on my 2.0 primera (heavily modified) when I lived there in 2001. I had to register the car, insurance and my licence to my mums house in Wales to be able to insure it!! Crazy really.....

LOL @petay yep u read correctly per month mate. Its a killer but i wouldnt change my car for the world right now. Its the cheapest i could find and i refused to get any other car lol.. Plus ive got my bike insurance as well so u know the amount i spend on insuring my toys is actually ridiculous

i with you there. My car is a big part of my life too. Its just who i am. Unfortunately i couldnt afford the premium at that age just getting out of uniand other stuff but always said to myself good things come to those who wait lol. Respect to ya anyway love to beat the system. The government gave way to much control of what we can drive these days