Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was Looking To Buy A Lexus :<

tbh at the age of 21-22 I was not driving a 6 cylinder 2.0 car. more so a Lexus. at that age, I was running around in a 1996 1.2litre Clio with only 60bhp to its name and was still paying around £150 a month to insure it as a new driver with no claims discount and clean license. I have just done a quick quote on money super market as a 22 year old living in Brixton London and cheapest was around £3,300 with around £600 deposit and around 10 monthly payments of £300. if you can make these payments then they will be happy to insure you via comparison website but for under 23 years with no claims don't expect £100 per month on insurance for the Lexus IS .

My first car was a 2.0L sdi rover 200 and was still only paying around 60 quid month. I was a named driver on a family multicar policy of my parents. The car was in my parents name as it was theres previously. All legit im pretty sure

@Venator, such a shame to hear that. :(

I was 23 when I bought mine and I was paying £145 per month as a named driver. My renewal was two months before my 25th so I just missed out on a mega saving!! Gutted! But it has still gone down anyway to £80 per month.

What petays done makes sense....but I don't think I'm that patient!!

Yeah good shout petay, but with me im fully independent, i want any possession of mines to me in my name and my name only, bcoz when sh*t hits the fan, no one can have a word above me lol.. Just me tho i suppose.

There is, well used to be when I was young, a way round paying high premiums for a decent car at a young age.

What you need is an understanding parent or someone very much older than you that can get a cheap policy on the Lexus. Then they register and insure the Lexus in their name and you buy, register and insure a low insurance group banger, something like one litre Corsa. Take out an insurance policy that enables you to drive other cars and you will be have third party only insurance to drive the Lexus. Fully legal and above board.

Now, that's how we done it quite a few years ago so the insurers may have moved the goalposts but it's worth looking into.

There is, well used to be when I was young, a way round paying high premiums for a decent car at a young age.

What you need is an understanding parent or someone very much older than you that can get a cheap policy on the Lexus. Then they register and insure the Lexus in their name and you buy, register and insure a low insurance group banger, something like one litre Corsa. Take out an insurance policy that enables you to drive other cars and you will be have third party only insurance to drive the Lexus. Fully legal and above board.

Now, that's how we done it quite a few years ago so the insurers may have moved the goalposts but it's worth looking into.

Hmm, I thought insurers stop doing that, like I know with my current insurers (LV) anyone under 25 can't drive any other vehicle third party, but i'll check into that!

The reality of it is, youths are driving small engined hatchbacks etc and trying to make them the best they can not because they've got poor taste just because they cant get insurance on anything decent bless them lol. surprisingly took me a while to realise this doh. insurance is a killer

Hi, just been reading our thread about insurance and being a young driver. I've been trying to keep our costs down to justify having 2 cars. I can't afford to buy a new car due to other commitments. So I've kept the cars I have and believe that spending money to maintain them is cheaper than buying a new one. I've owned my BMW from when it was 6 months old, and I've had that 13 years. I bought the IS200 from my uncle who owned that from new and its now 13 years old.

The insurance for both cars is on a classic policy. I pay £350ish for the BMW and £380 for the IS and each year my policy comes down I never pay more. They do have mileage restrictions of 6,000 miles and 5,000 miles respectively. But its is one way of seeing if your insurance will be cheaper. As in work out realistically how many miles you will do per year. Buy a car that is around 12 years old being an IS you should pick one up at a decent price and have some change do any work like the obvious stuff which this site will tell you to look out for. Insure it on your mothers name and you as a named second driver. I'll be amazed if you do not save any money. PM me and I'll give you the name of the insurance company I use.

Hey pm sent, and I think there is an age restrictions for drivers on classic car insurance too, 21 or 25 or over? Just like traders insurance, I'll just wait another year and once my insurance comes up for renewal I'll be hunting around for insurance on an is200 :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links