Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is220D Check Vsc Light Is On & P2002 Dpf With Limp Mode

Fayaz

I desperately need some urgent help please.

My car has gone into limp home mode with the check VSC light on and the engine management light on too. The car was recovered to a local garage this morning and they have just called me back around an hour or so ago and told me that the following fault code is stored in the ECU;

P2002 - diesel particulate filter efficiency below threshold bank1

They have quoted me near enough 2 grand for the repair and I have been searching online and everyone I call is giving me different advice on what they will do for me but it all seems like i'm going round in circles.

I just want to take the car to someone that will fix the problem without ripping me off, Is that too much to ask for?

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction please. Hopefully someone that has had the problem cured first hand!

From personal experience, I can only recommend the you give these guys a call:

CAR SURGEON LIMITED

Fault code P2002 VSC Solution / DPF Regeneration / DPF Removal / DPF Rejuvenation

07853355415 Strictly by appointment only / collection & drop off service available

Big thank you to Frank & Kev for listing the details of the garage in Birmingham!!! I was quoted £2376 by Lexus and after wading through posts and various google searches I found this thread and let me tell you I got the DPF cleared and the VSC switched off for £299.00 which included EGR clean and additive in the tank plus collection and drop off of my car which was parked up 27 miles from the location of Car Surgeon Ltd. They gave me a discount voucher to use within the next year for an Oil and Filter Service for just £49.00 too. Many thanks Kev and Frank..... RESULT!!!

Thanks ever so much Granger for the details you forwarded so kindly. I rang them the same day & managaed to get the car boooked in for this morning, so I dropped it off to them on Saturday afternoon, looking to collect the car today at mid day.

I collected the car back from them at 4pm this afternoon and it drives absolutely mint!

I have never felt the car to be this responsive, even when I first purchased it just over a couple of years ago.

Great Service, great price, guys definitely knew what they were talking about!

http://carsurgeon.co.uk/

CAR SURGEON LIMITED

Fault code P2002 VSC Solution / DPF Regeneration / DPF Removal / DPF Rejuvenation

07853355415 Strictly by appointment only / collection & drop off service available

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/78065-lexus-is-diesel-particulate-filter-dpf-problem-solution/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links