Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A while ago I was watching clarkson driving the isf on a normal road as such and he was critisizing how the isf was constantly changing gears up and down in auto mode , saying it was annoying , what a total turd he is , mine doesn't sound annoying in any way , it's brill and smooth you hardly feel the changes , why say such a stupid thing about a great car , what's your opinions on this .

Don't take anything that idiot says as truth TBH. The guy is a complete waste of space and so is top gear. All the show is about is 3 adults acting as children with a few useless comments thrown in.

• Like 2

look, clarkson and co are stars of an entertainment programme that is unofficially sponsored by the motor industry. clarkson owns the production company and is essentially the boss. any company that is nice to him, such as bmw, gets a great write up. any company that doesn't offer sponsorship, such as lexus, get panned. its a fun programme and ticks a lot of the boxes for me but as far as cars go, bring back tiff needell, william woolard and that beardy bloke that looked like your hippy uncle.

The video clip is not working on the top gear website, anyone have a link to an another source?

The written review on their website seems favourable given they are usually quite critical. Not that I'm really bothered; I think mine's awesome and frankly that's all I care about!

The video clip is not working on the top gear website, anyone have a link to an another source?

The written review on their website seems favourable given they are usually quite critical. Not that I'm really bothered; I think mine's awesome and frankly that's all I care about!

Yeh yours certainly looks awesome on your pic mate

I do find Clarkson entertaining, but he usually criticises things unecessarily, usually 'firm' rides. Like the F-type he drove on a really bad, winding road, with the sport suspension setting on (you could see what settings he was using), and then slating it. I drove an F-type down the Fosse way, a hideously poor condition road, and it was fine to me.

On the upside, he, and stiggy, loved the LFA, so it's not all bad news for Lexus :)

Don't forget people watch the program for outrageous comments especially by JC without which they wouldn't have a program, its not my cup of tea. I always record and end up watching about 10 mins the next day.

I have been an avid watcher of 5th Gear over the years, mainly for VBH but find I am doing the same with that, it seems all they want to do is wreck a set of tyres and quite frankly you see one car smoking its tyres you've seen them all.

Don't forget people watch the program for outrageous comments especially by JC without which they wouldn't have a program, its not my cup of tea. I always record and end up watching about 10 mins the next day.

I have been an avid watcher of 5th Gear over the years, mainly for VBH but find I am doing the same with that, it seems all they want to do is wreck a set of tyres and quite frankly you see one car smoking its tyres you've seen them all.

Yeh bring back 5th gear , brill that was ,much better than top gear . Everything is always referred to as bein on a track , I haven't got a track for my isf just normal roads . It's mental that programme asif people go into a dealership to spend a fortune and say is it good on a track ha

Didn't Clarkson state (on Top Gear) that the Lexus Sports Car was the BEST car he had EVER driven

Yeh but he also said the isf is so annoying as it hunts up and down the auto box , I don't think he knows what he says half the time , he likes the sound of his own voice ha

Yeah and I also noticed that the top gear magazine with clarckson and the LFA on the cover was all over the Lexus dealership just after that aired and the amount of tweets and Facebook updates Lexus put up declaring JC loves the LFA was crazy!

Something tells me Lexus may have paid him to say those things :whistling::lol:

Yeah and I also noticed that the top gear magazine with clarckson and the LFA on the cover was all over the Lexus dealership just after that aired and the amount of tweets and Facebook updates Lexus put up declaring JC loves the LFA was crazy!

Something tells me Lexus may have paid him to say those things :whistling::lol:

Ha

Yeh bring back 5th gear , brill that was ,much better than top gear . Everything is always referred to as bein on a track , I haven't got a track for my isf just normal roads . It's mental that programme asif people go into a dealership to spend a fortune and say is it good on a track ha

Its on Discovery now and there is not much difference between the two except you can see they don't have the budget Top Gear does.

to be fair mine does change gear when i don't want it to, gentle throttle increase on a motorway for example and itll drop 8 to 6 which I'm sure is the most efficient but it doesn't feel right, as the driver i didn't want it to change gear. But that's what auto boxes do, i could always use it in manual. Over time one challenge is to learn how hard you can press the go pedal and not kickdown...

It took me a while to realise that top gear has gone from a car enthusiasts program to pure entertainment. the transition simply confused me tbh and i think anyone who has a interest in cars should know top gear shoudnt be taken seriously because its so full of s**t. Unfortunately there are many ppl out there that will buy a car based on the shows opinion and thats what annoys me most, or base their opinion on what has been said. i used to have constant arguments about the latest ep with my uni friends, trying to convince them this or that is BS, but sometimes i think they were winding me up because i took it so seriously lol

When i used to watch it a few years ago i could always count at least one false accusation in a ep which had me raging, ive since stopped watching it and watch reviews of cars done by professionals who actually know what there talking about. such as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue6C6J4bv0Y

"The transmission is truly brilliant and has to be because no manual is offered" Steve Hammes 2011

I do find 5th gear favours diesels alot though, but i guess the nation does too :megaangry:

to be fair mine does change gear when i don't want it to, gentle throttle increase on a motorway for example and itll drop 8 to 6 which I'm sure is the most efficient but it doesn't feel right, as the driver i didn't want it to change gear. But that's what auto boxes do, i could always use it in manual. Over time one challenge is to learn how hard you can press the go pedal and not kickdown...

When I,m just taking it easy through towns etc it never goes above 2000 revs in all gears , just purrs along lol.much better than revvin the arse off a one litre heep lol

When I,m just taking it easy through towns etc it never goes above 2000 revs in all gears , just purrs along lol.much better than revvin the arse off a one litre heep lol
one of my favorite saying is - thats alot of revs but not alot happening. Like when chavs are ragging it in there s**t box fart cans

one of my favorite saying is - thats alot of revs but not alot happening. Like when chavs are ragging it in there s**t box fart cans
Ha I know . There was a chav following me yesterday rite up my behind , I stopped and he pulled along side me and revved his heep , a corsa with a crap zaust , I just smiled and give him a real note lol my lad in the car with me just smiled at them , there faces were good to watch lol

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-12-episode-5_2199053.htm

I found this link on the US IS-F website. It shows the whole Top Gear episode but thankfully the IS-F is on at the beginning. I think it looks and sounds awesome on this clip; bloody fast too having the same lap time as a Lotus Exige! I don't care that the M3 is quicker, it will break and cost you and arm and a leg compared to the F; no contest.

Oh and JC really is talking out of his backside about the gears - it will do what he's complaining about if you keep pressing the throttle on and off as if you're driving a clown car. Drive it normally and it's the same as all the other autos.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-12-episode-5_2199053.htm

I found this link on the US IS-F website. It shows the whole Top Gear episode but thankfully the IS-F is on at the beginning. I think it looks and sounds awesome on this clip; bloody fast too having the same lap time as a Lotus Exige! I don't care that the M3 is quicker, it will break and cost you and arm and a leg compared to the F; no contest.

Oh and JC really is talking out of his backside about the gears - it will do what he's complaining about if you keep pressing the throttle on and off as if you're driving a clown car. Drive it normally and it's the same as all the other autos.

My point exactly mate , pleased someone has seen what the goon said , pathetic . I love my isf just my wheel locking nuts won't come off ha

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links