Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a place to get the geometry set on my IS220d around the Aberdeen area??

Also, I have had so many problems with Arnold Clark Aberdeen servicing my car since Lexus Aberdeen were taken under their wing that I need to find somewhere that can be trusted to do a good job, again in the Aberdeen area. I just will not ever use Arnold Clark again.

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Col

Ok peeps, guess no one can help, but, I now know that it is front/rear toe in/ out that needs done. Should I trust a local tyre fitting place or do you recommend somewhere else to do it?

Col

Any competent Tyre place should be able to do a Tracking adjustment. Typically £20-30 region.

I'm guessing you have feathering out on your front tyres?

Sorry Col, no idea for Aberdeen, I'm about 600 miles away on the sunny south coast. Well, sometimes its sunny!!

If you can find a place that does 4 wheel alignment, it's often worth going there, rather than just getting the tracking done.

My car was driving rather badly and the front tyres were nearly dead, so I took it for some new front tyres and got the tracking done at the same time. The car was awful after that - took it back a couple of weeks later, but they said the tracking was spot on. The front tyres were finished in about 5,000 miles.

I took it somewhere else that did 4 wheel alignment. It was the *rear* wheel alignment that was massively out. The rear wheels were pointing to the right, so I constantly having to steer to the right to keep the car from turning, but this meant the car pulled to the right. Just doing the tracking completely missed this problem, and worse, they'd set up the front wheels with reference to the back wheels, so the toe on the front wheels was completely wrong, which is why the tyres had been demolished so quickly.

Once I'd done that the car was fantastic.

Just one point to note is that other than toe, the geometry on the IS isn't adjustable. The IS has very aggressive camber, which results in accelerated tyre wear anyway, but if this gets even more aggressive, the wear can be dramatically accelerated and, other than replacing bits of suspension, there's nothing you can do about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links