Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure Monitors

Had the low tyre pressure warning light come on today. Checked all the pressures and they were all equal at 34psi instead of what they should have been which was 36psi. Added air.

Drove around the block and the warning light went out so it was either a temporary fault or 2psi was enough to set it off. The reset button for the censors is difficult to find, it's down near the peddles, you will need a mirror to find it.

Does the system need re- setting because the tyres have done 1400miles and are slightly smaller or is the system purely pressure related?

Does the system need re- setting because the tyres have done 1400miles and are slightly smaller or is the system purely pressure related?

As far as I'm aware, these are the same systems as fitted to my previous GS and are internal tyre sensors fitted in the valve assembly. they don't depend on tyre diameter.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my warning light came on at about 60miles and needed a reset. The tyes were all set to 34psi like yours. I haven't checked if Lexus increased them over this when they reset the system.

I don't know whether the tyres are still originally filled with nitrogen as they were on the GS. It's supposed to vary the pressure less with temperature. I never had to touch the GS tyres in 5 years from new. The only thing I did do, and have done on the IS300h, is replace the alloy valve tops with plastic ones. The originals look the same as the GS, with very thin threaded stems, and GSs used to have issues with the caps seizing on to the stems because of salt corrosion. Attempts to remove the cap apparently failed and a new sensor was needed. Regular use of vaseline would work I suppose. Or you can do what I did, leave them in a drawer and use plastic ones, and then put the original shiny new alloy caps back on when you exchange it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links