Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black F-Sport

Hey, just joined having hovered around the forum for a few weeks now. Currently driving a Merc C250 but have an F-Sport on order which is due into the dealer on 26th November but as a Company Car Driver I'm not due to receive it until 21st December - nice Christmas pressie for me.

With a specific whole life cost budget I had to choose between the Rose leather with the ventilated seats and all the extra electrical bits or the sat-nav. Plumped for the former as am used to using Google maps on my Iphone for getting around and to be honest was not a fan of the mouse controller, much prefer the rotary affair on offer with the lower spec system.

The main point of my post however is that those very same budget restrictions meant that a metallic colour was out, I had to go with solid. Well basically that means velvet black as there are no other options which is a shame. I notice that nobody ever considers black as an option when discussing colours on here. I haven't seen one in the flesh, the car I tested was a grey Premier but they did have a white F-sport (IS250) in the showroom.

I'm hoping that the black with the rose interior will look pretty good, has anybody seen one in the flesh?

Cheers!

Looks very nice! I saw one. The solid black has a shine which is unbeatable when its clean. Make sure you get it protected properly with a hard coating, otherwise the stone chips will kill you if youre anything like me.

I'm in a similar position (as per 'dare i go back to lexus' post) but am sacrificing the seats as the sat nav/gadets are more important for me.. I will go for mettalic though as I have solid black e220 right now so need a change. Your right in that i have not seen any 300H in black so far..

Thanks for the replies guys. At least mine will be a rare old beast. Really frustrating that there are not more options of solid colours. At first I thought the white would be but alas its pearlescent.

Haf yeah, I've read your thread. I test drove the car back in the middle of our heat wave and the ventilated seats were a delight. The colour was stunning too! Still get the same display etc without the sat-nav (which looked a bit naff if I'm honest) although will lose the rear view camera, DVD player and a couple of speakers. Gaining the electric steering column, easy access/egress, memory seats, auto-folding and electrochromatic wing mirrors which suit my particular needs. Another factor for me was that an all black interior on all balck car is a bit much. The rose colour breaks things up. Of course this is all down to individual preference. Hate the Merc though, although very quick it's certainly not a great car

Thanks for the replies guys. At least mine will be a rare old beast. Really frustrating that there are not more options of solid colours. At first I thought the white would be but alas its pearlescent.

Haf yeah, I've read your thread. I test drove the car back in the middle of our heat wave and the ventilated seats were a delight. The colour was stunning too! Still get the same display etc without the sat-nav (which looked a bit naff if I'm honest) although will lose the rear view camera, DVD player and a couple of speakers. Gaining the electric steering column, easy access/egress, memory seats, auto-folding and electrochromatic wing mirrors which suit my particular needs. Another factor for me was that an all black interior on all balck car is a bit much. The rose colour breaks things up. Of course this is all down to individual preference. Hate the Merc though, although very quick it's certainly not a great car

Looks like my wife will be in for a treat then, seen as though she has a C220 CDI right now!

I have to say that I am quite pleased with my e220 coupe and my default position before spotting the lexus was to get another one as it stacked up better than audi/bmw for me. Its still on my list if the IS doesn't workout for some reason

I'm sure the E-Class Coupe is very nice Haf. My C-Class Saloon has been awful. It's a 59 plate Blue Efficiency model, returns 39.8MPG (although it does like to be driven quickly whenever that's possible), has a stiff clutch, countless rattles, bulbs blowing... Maybe even Mercedes can produce Friday cars! Better than the A3 Sportback I had previously. Was the 170BHP S-Line and during the last year (of three) caused me nothing but grief (damn limp home mode). The BMW I had before that got stolen so I'm saying nein to German motors and going Japanese. Actually had the first gen IS200 and I loved it if it was a bit thirsty

sorry - missed that yours was a C class - which is another story... Does sound like you have not had the best of the 'german' experience... I do agree that lexus do look after you properly.. The dealer I went to see spent ages with me and that was even after it became clear that my leasing company would not be ordering from him...

My IS300h is the solid black to fit into my budget. I am really happy with the colour, glossy and shiny.

Thanks for the reassurance Logan. I might have a trip to another Lexus dealer and see if they have any in now. Where did you get yours from?

Lexus factory finish paint looks deep, glossy and lustrous!! I can see why you've gone for it - but without sounding as if I'm putting a dampener on it, Lexus paint is also very soft and peppers with stone chips so easily. It scratches easier than any other paint on a car I've come across….so you'll have to look after it!! It was the whole reason I went for Silver….

My IS300h is the solid black to fit into my budget. I am really happy with the colour, glossy and shiny.

Thanks for the reassurance Logan. I might have a trip to another Lexus dealer and see if they have any in now. Where did you get yours from?

The Bolton Garage.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I finally got the car on Tuesday (sleepless night on Monday from which I have only just recovered haha). I absolutely love it, took me a while to get everything sorted especially programming the radio - the DAB bit not being intuitive at all. I didn't go for nav and so have the rotary controller which is brilliant and really easy to use, pretty much the same as I had in my Mercedes. Driving it is a delight and all these moans about the noise of the revs rising when you put your foot down are a nonsense. Yes the revs rise but it's hardly offensive, from the press reports you'd think they would be deafening but in reality its no big deal whatsoever. I've posted elsewhere that initial fuel consumption is disappointing but another member has given me hope that this will improve. Anyway, here is a pic. I've got the rose leather interior so will try and get some more at the weekend. Had nothing but admiring glances and everybody at work has commented positively.

IS300_H.jpg

Welcome to the club Craig, glad you've sorted the DAB out. Like anything this technical I guess it takes awhile to get accustomed to things, and some are more intuitive than others. I'd personally put Lexus somewhere near the bottom of the intuitive list.

I completely agree with you about the engine noise, what a load of old tosh!

I also have the rose leather and really like it, I'm sure it looks really good against the black.

You might want to scrub out the reg plate in your pics for security reasons.

Enjoy your car.

Thanks David, number plate now suitably blurred out. Going to be fun keeping these wheels clean!

Just don't do what I did and kerb front and rear near side. Luckily I had bought the insurance so it was covered but they sent the wheels away so as to match the colour. Phew.