Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personalised Plates

nelmo

i think that stating that someone who has a private plate is somehow vain or exhibits the trait of snobbery, although doing it in the form of a sarcastic question is effectively slagging off those who have them.

Have I come here and had a go at anyone who does not have a private registration? No. Why, because I respect the opinions and views of others, I respect the choice of the individual to do and buy whatever they want for their car. So, again if you don't like them, don't buy one.

Besides, I do think it enhances the appearance of your vehicle and makes it feel as if I have put my stamp on the car, effectively saying "this is my vehicle."

Not only can I use bold, I can also use inverted comma's appropriately.

Frankie

I drove past a VW Caddy this morning with S3X BJ and i'm guessin they'll be happy to pay the fixed penalties rather than correct the spacing

I like my plate, its tidy, compared to the original 7 characters

Dave and Tiger. Can we start this all over again please?

dave, i do respect your opinion, mine is just different.

tiger, I am in a suitably chilled place and, as stated, i'd like to start from the beginning again.

Frankie

ps. my plate contains a special message for my wife and i have very personal reasons for it. Plus it does look nice!

Frankie

wifey offered to buy me one for my birthday a couple of years back, so I chose one that included her name and my childhood nickname. It was nothing to do with disguising the age of the car or anything like that as it's been on several cars now. It was a cheap one, cost a total of 255 which isn't really expensive in comparison to some. as i said earlier on, there was no one-upmanship involved, I just liked the thought of both our names being a part of the car. Some of the prices i've seen for personalised plates are utterly obscene, such as the one reported here k1ngs for 400k. If you are earning 20k per annum it would take 20 years just to earn that amount of money and when you see some of the things going on around the country and the world i would find that difficult to justify, but its personal choice. if someone has the resources and wants to waste a vast sum of cash on such a plate, that's their prerogative. I can justify 255 to myself and my conscience, but 400k? That's a different matter.

wifey offered to buy me one for my birthday a couple of years back, so I chose one that included her name and my childhood nickname. It was nothing to do with disguising the age of the car or anything like that as it's been on several cars now. It was a cheap one, cost a total of 255 which isn't really expensive in comparison to some. as i said earlier on, there was no one-upmanship involved, I just liked the thought of both our names being a part of the car. Some of the prices i've seen for personalised plates are utterly obscene, such as the one reported here k1ngs for 400k. If you are earning 20k per annum it would take 20 years just to earn that amount of money and when you see some of the things going on around the country and the world i would find that difficult to justify, but its personal choice. if someone has the resources and wants to waste a vast sum of cash on such a plate, that's their prerogative. I can justify 255 to myself and my conscience, but 400k? That's a different matter.

Which is exactly why I have just bought mine. Has Margaret`s initials and mine too and cost £250 all -in from DVLA. The initials are separated by 53 which to the uninformed will date the car as it is in fact a 10 Reg. However the plate personalises the car to us and we live ONLY a good drive and a full pitching wedge from the M53!.

As Mr Keats once said "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder" so perhaps he might have added "Unfortunately perception is everything"

Happy Lexus motoring.

Regards

John

It was easy for me, setting up a new business, and meeting (so called) top execs, I was running a 12 year old Saab high pressure turbo, and could not afford a newer car, the six digit NI plate for £250 obscured the car's age!! It was important...I remember an early morning meeting in a fancy HQ, 'he' looked down at the visitors car park and said which (of the two) was mine...I told him and he said good, he would not have expected me to be driving the other one (a Ford)...... snobby *** !!..but I got the job.

I don't have to tolerate such tossers anymore!

Hi Janet,

I see from your on screen details that you have an 02 car. I've always went for older cars myself primarily because I like older cars. Nah, its usually because i'm broke! :(

Its because I like cars that look a bit special or a bit different. That was one of the reasons for my previous car being an S Class Mercedes; you don't see many of them around and I liked that. I've had quite a few distinctive cars, alfa romeo 156 veloce, bmw 328 convertible even a 1987 e300 Mercedes. In short,I'm not a fan of metal boxes on wheels. I like the thought of people asking what it was that just drove past them! Before I decided to buy the IS 220, I looked at all sorts of pictures, figures, availability of parts, servicing etc, but I also looked around for several weeks beforehand travelling between home in Dundee to work in Perth as well as travelling around Perthshire as part of my job and in all that time and in all those miles I didn't see a single IS 220, not one. There were countless bmw's and c class mercedes around, but I honestly didn't see one lexus. That was my decision made even though the others give better stock figures for economy, paying the extra in fuel is more than worth it to me especially when you consider I was getting 20 mpg from the s class mercedes 320.

I know people ask themselves what just went past them, even though I don't hear them! When I got it at first every single one of my colleagues asked me what it was. I liked that and I took great pleasure in telling them it was a lexus.

Happy man.

Frankie