Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thank You And (Long) Goodbye - As Isf's For Sale

All,

Well after nearly 5 years, I've decided to move on from the ISF. It has been the best all-round car I've ever owned, and that is shown in the length of time I've been with the car (typically 2 years normally for me).

I've been looking for a follow-up car for a while, and the killer factor in moving on (as I would have been happier to stay longer) was the need to get a cycle into the boot.

The new car (A45 AMG) now has a build date, so the cars been listed for sale. The next owner (who I am sure will visit here) will pick themselves up an excellent car.

Thanks to all those on the forum, as even though its a real niche group, it has provided valuable for capturing input. I will be around until the end of the year, but please make sure you all keep the ISF dream alive - I will be back!

Cheers

Chris

Is yours the black one for sale on Autotrader?

I like the A45 AMG as well, a good replacement for the ISF

All the best for the future.

Yes, mine is the one on Autotrader. I am hoping with the confidence of having the warranty to date, will help buyers know its been well looked after.

I was looking for an exact ISF replacement (which again shows how good the ISF is!), so wanted something with poke, a good paddle gearbox, and 5 doors. The A45 ticked all the boxes, with the boot. I will miss the V8 noise though.

Thanks for the best wishes.

I was pondering the A45 too, but drove an A250 to get a feel for the size last summer. Sadly the pedals were all wrong for my size 13 feet and I found myself struggling to move quickly and accurately between the accelerator and brake; the first time that has ever happened in a car. When the AMG arrived at the dealer, the first thing I did was to see if the pedals were the same. Unfortunately they were, so that is a nice car take off my short list.

Harey, would you please come back on here and let us know how the A45 compares.

Interestingly, the ability to fit a bike in was an important factor in choosing an IS-F. Luckily at a race in Lancashire I saw a bloke load one into the back of an IS, so had confidence it could work. I have something called a dog hammock for the back seats. It is padded and waterproof, clipping onto the headrests on both front and back seats. With the wheels off and an old pillowcase wrapped around the oily bits even my giant frame fits nicely in. Mind you, I wouldn't put my mountain bike in there after a muddy ride, but its great for a raod bike.

I suspect it will be impossible to fit a bike in the RC-F. So if there is to be no saloon, I might look elsewhere, or keep the current IS-F for another 4 years

Thanks. I felt it was the best match for the ISF, but with a bigger boot. (performance, gearbox, practicality, reliability etc)

Initial post test drive feedback, is the A45 offers the same rewards on the A/B roads, but isn't a motorway cruiser like the V8.

I will give a full like-for-like in due course!

Cheers

Chris

I put my mountain bike on the back seats of my IS200 and it fits nice. i have to take both wheels off which isnt a issue and then i sling them in the boot. Ive got a couple of old bed sheets i use on the seats and put a plastic bag over the derailleur so to unmark the door cards. I bought a bike rack for the boot but it is rubbish and takes for ever to set up, not great when you wanna just have a quick blast down your favorite nearby trail. Hatchbacks are even easier i must say, its just in and out seats folded down....

Interesting as i was looking for a fast car to replace previous ISF, looked at the A45 as ticked a lot of boxes - still think it's a very nice car but prive with a few options just seemed very expensive compared to an ISF. Ended up just buying another :)

Another year once MB start doing them with £5k discounts and nice apr deals then can see going that way as well!

If possible would love you to come back and post about your A45!

Thanks guys. I agree about the price, as I did hover over the signature for a while, as the options lift the price (as with all German cars).

I will post a report after a few months, to give a comparison. I will definitely miss the ISF, as even in these last few months, gives a smile!

All,

Well after nearly 5 years, I've decided to move on from the ISF. It has been the best all-round car I've ever owned, and that is shown in the length of time I've been with the car (typically 2 years normally for me).

I've been looking for a follow-up car for a while, and the killer factor in moving on (as I would have been happier to stay longer) was the need to get a cycle into the boot.

The new car (A45 AMG) now has a build date, so the cars been listed for sale. The next owner (who I am sure will visit here) will pick themselves up an excellent car.

Thanks to all those on the forum, as even though its a real niche group, it has provided valuable for capturing input. I will be around until the end of the year, but please make sure you all keep the ISF dream alive - I will be back!

Cheers

Chris

I don't know how you could part with such a gorgeous car mate , especially one that's been so good to you .there getting rare and they drive and sound soooo good .good luch though with your new car ,

• 4 weeks later...

I know this was traded-in, but haven't seen it advertised anywhere since??

Can you PM or email me the dealers details please fella? Might be interested in buying it if my first choice fall through.

Take it they do plan on selling it on to the public?

Thanks.

Peter :)

Not to worry. ;)

I'm just glad it's gone to a loving home. :)

Need to look out for these fine cars.

If you could check with your friend the dealer, and just confirm it has been successfully re-homed, that would be cool.

Cheers.

Pete :)