Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Are You Listening To On Your Lexus Sound System?

eekamaouse

sorry, had a troublesome toolbar that suddenly arose and had to be put to the sword!

is my post still there mikey? i'm having a problem with my laptop. some things have disappeared without my knowledge.

Yep, all done mate.

bluesman,

really nice claim to fame there. that'll stick with you till you last breath.

watched the django link and the bloke was a real genius on the jazz guitar. loved the fact he only uses two fingers.

frankie

He only had two and a bit fingers after being nearly burnt to death when he had fell asleep in his caravan and a dropped cigarette set the place on fire.

At the geriatric age of 51 and then some I listen to the classics such as:

Nazareth Bad Bad Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k70c_ZmT4OE

Deep Purple Burn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCnebZnysmI

Rainbow Kill The King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZfrCPKEqM

etc.

Nazareth were one of the great Scottish bands and were brilliant when Zal Cleminson joined them after the break up of the Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

Bob Marley - buffalo soldier

Big country - in a big country

Black eyed peas - where is the love

Specials - ghost town

two tribes - welcome to the pleasure dome

adele - set fire to the rain

and for some reason I might just get BENNY HILL - ERNIE THE FASTEST MILKMAN IN THE WEST

eek,

you have to persevere with gogol bordello! they really are brilliant. also look out for some of the albums les claypool has made with various artists. the guy is the most innovative and skilled bass player of this or any other generation.

I'm gonna replace the cd's in the car in the next couple of days, six weeks of the same six albums is about my limit. I love music and don't want to get fed up listening to them, so a change is in the wind.

Frankie - I will do, and and play it with the advent of Comet ISON at the end of the month. Early dawn astronomy and Gogol Bordello playing in the background...

In late 1950's there were attempts to install record turtables in cars - not very successfully (see below)!!

http://musicandculture.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/turntable-in-car-sound-system.html

I like to think that the smoothest driving cars like the Lexus LS range would stand a chance....ok, crazy fantasy!!

I would then install my Linn and Naim system in.

post-48342-0-41943800-1384284668_thumb.j

In late 1950's there were attempts to install record turtables in cars - not very successfully (see below)!!

http://musicandculture.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/turntable-in-car-sound-system.html

I like to think that the smoothest driving cars like the Lexus LS range would stand a chance....ok, crazy fantasy!!

attachicon.gifLinn and Naim.jpg

Nice setup, what speakers do you run with them. My mate used to have one of those record players in his Ford Consul lowline convertible. I was so jealous. He was never the greatest looking guy on the block even a little podgy but the girls used to fall into his car. I was so so jealous.

Nice setup, what speakers do you run with them. My mate used to have one of those record players in his Ford Consul lowline convertible. I was so jealous. He was never the greatest looking guy on the block even a little podgy but the girls used to fall into his car. I was so so jealous.

Bluesman,

Only a pair of old Mission M73i's - but I like the sound that comes out of them. The Naim (Nait 3) amp is amazing with only 30W output - but it is real Watts rather than peak, so loud enough, if you wanted that. I use the Goldring 1042 cartridge with my Linn turntable, which is fantastic for jazz, blues, rock and pretty much anything else.

I'd love to see the Ford Consul with the turntable.

Bluesman,

Only a pair of old Mission M73i's - but I like the sound that comes out of them. The Naim (Nait 3) amp is amazing with only 30W output - but it is real Watts rather than peak, so loud enough, if you wanted that. I use the Goldring 1042 cartridge with my Linn turntable, which is fantastic for jazz, blues, rock and pretty much anything else.

I did mean "The turntable-in-car sound system" and not a Linn deck. Sounds a nice setup. Naim amps have been renowned for their quality. The kids of today don't know what a good sound system is. I am sure one day they will make a come back. Happy lisiting.

Bluesman,

I didn't mean your Linn deck but "The turntable-in-car sound system" I remember him playing over & over Chuck Berrys Route 66. Naim amps have been well thought of for years. I always promised myself one but never got round to it. I have a Denon amp with a pair of Tannoy speakers and that has a great warm sound for Jazz &Blues.

Kids today don't know what a good sound system is.

Listen to loads of stuff really, lots of 50's and 60's music. plus much much more.

One of my favourite listens, when I really up the volume is Chris Rea's ROAD TO HELL..................brilliant!!!!!!

If you're looking for some really moody and relaxing music whilst you're driving, have a listen to Chris Spheeris' EUROPA...............once again, brilliant!!!

Lots of great music listened by the Lexus Owners Gang - not a surprise to me.

Driving through some beautiful Oxfordshire countryside late at night, The Moody Blue's Nights in White Satin came on. Turned the volume up.....that song and my LS430 were truely made for each other.

Hi eek,

what will you be using for following ison? i bought a new 76mm reflector a couple of weeks back, but not been able to use it yet due to this stinking weather. Still trying to find my way around it as i've never had one this size before. really looking forward to doing some serious stargazing with it. Need to work out how to use it properly first!

Frankie

Frankie,

There is a lot of uncertainty about this comet, and also whether it will survive its close encounter with the Sun. A spotting telescope or a pair of bino's should be fine. It may become a naked eye object in December. See the link below, and look out for press releases.

Otherwise, for planets, galaxies etc, I use the 20cm (or 8") Orion Optics reflector.

http://www.armaghplanet.com/blog/where-is-comet-ison-in-the-sky.html

great link eek. I've always had an interest in looking up, but only just got round to buying the three inch reflector. up till now i've tended to be more interested in the quantum universe rather than the macro one.

lets get this right.

you're 51

balding

drive a lexus

keen on astronomy...

are we twins?

frankiethetwin

Frankie,

Don't forget we're also both keen on the theme of this thread....Music. Today, in the car it's been Paul Weller's Live BBC recordings.

Anyway, how do you know I'm bald?

Maybe we should start another thread: Is there a link with being bald and owning a Lexus?

i've had a radio scotland theme today, so no music. getting a bit fed up with the six that are currently in the car, so time for a change mefinks.

It was one of your earlier posts, pretty early on in the thread that you admitted to being tonsorially challenged! Unless it was someone else, in which case I'm triplets!

I'll check out my hard drive over the weekend and see what I come up with. I like to go with a good mix of styles to try and cover all my moods both going to and coming back from work.

Watch this space!!

Frankie

OOOoooooh

Thanks pete good videos! I am going all eclectic lately, and have heard some great world music, esp African.....root of roots!

Now exploring the wide world of internet radio via 'Tune in Radio' app, and direct recording to listen at home and in lexy.....big wide musical world out there...too old..I need more time!

janet,

I've been listening to a lot of hybrid north african/european music recently. Particularly Trans Global Underground and Natascha Atlas. first came across the around 30 years ago and they're still going strong. Also keep an ear open for a malian bloke called Salif Keita; truly uplifting voice and although I haven't a clue what he's singing about, the voice and the music combine sublimely. If you have any trouble finding them try you tube or drop me a line.

Frankie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links