Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

General Turbo Info And Help :s

hi guys new to the site i have owned my lexus is200 sport for about year now and love it to bits ha ha but at times it is quite sluggish wateing on vvti kicking in i was looking to turbo it i have done alot of home work on this but just want a bit of advice i understand how turbos work but it was more on what i need to do to my car such as bigger injectors and fule pump is the man part of advice and and i dont have a clue about the engine management system

i am and apprentice mecanic so have good tecnical skills but still on an apprentice wage so going to try and do it all myself and on the cheap with second hand pars as i cant afored the turbo kit off the shelf

thanks for reading any help is much appreciated

ps sorry for the spelling i am dislexic and am not good with words as u can see lol

• 4 months later...

Shame there are no replies to this. Adding a turbo could mean any number of things. Think there may be a specific IS forum where people have done this fella.

Need to know where in the engine bay too locate it. Internals may be strong enough depending on what pressure you run it at. Not entirely sure with these cars.

Try 'clublexus.com'. Yanks are sure to have some this.

Sorry couldn't be of any real help chap.

Stu