Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Good Or Bad

jasonrye1

Hi Again!!! Can sum one inlighton me? LPG what's the best kit for the Lexus is200.

Is it a good thing? for the Lexus is200. Does the engine like it, what i mean is there a power issue?

Is the engine working to hard to pull it along. I have an auto & would it put a strain on the autoboxs?

Hope i can get sum good advice on all the different system's. What's the best system?

Whats the pros and cons?

Is there any member on here that have a lexus is200 with LPG and how do they find useing it on a daily basis.

Thank you for all your help and advice. Wish all the Lexus owners the very best.

I must say im 47 year old and iv had more car than i care to remember but the Lexus is up there with the best of them.

I now no what iv been missing in my life?? It's not the wife or the dog. It's the Lexus lol

Be Lucky jason

• 1 month later...

Stay away from LPG.

Ruins all cars even our bullet proof engines!

It runs much hotter than petrol, causing all manner of issues both engine and otherwise.

Plus the installation cost will take you many many miles of (more than likely troublesome) motoring to recoup!

Don't do it!

Stay away from LPG.

Ruins all cars even our bullet proof engines!

It runs much hotter than petrol, causing all manner of issues both engine and otherwise.

Plus the installation cost will take you many many miles of (more than likely troublesome) motoring to recoup!

Don't do it!

What a load of rubbish.

I have been running cars on LPG for over 15 years all without Flash Lube and not one occasion has there ever been any engine problems caused by LPG. Two of the cars have now done over 250,000 on LPG and the engines are still fine.

Take no notice of Mr King, he must have had a bad day at the office.

Ring Profess in South Wales and have a chat with them. They will tell you the truth.

As for what kit to fit, there are many out there all OK but Profess would give you good advice on that more importantly is the quality of the Install. If done badly it will cause problems.

Mike

I have heard that the is200 is not suited to LPG, It;s ok on the big lazy v8's but not so good on smaller engines..

Just rumour though, I worked in warehousing for years and look how many miles lpg forklifts do ????? the ones we had were toyota which have small cc toyota petrol engines converted to lpg...

I have had 2 Mercs with 4 cyl 2 litre engines and its one of those that has now past the 250,000 miles and still going strong. No flash Lube either. I sold the other one with 175000 on the clock and I did 90,000 of those all without trouble. Mike

Hi

I have LPG on my Lexus SC430 with a PRINs system, cost 2k done by professautogas in Coventry, pay the best you get the best. I've had mine for 5 years now serviced every year and never had an issue, great economy, 275 miles out of 60litres, which for a 4.3 is pretty good.

Maintenance is the key!

Hope this helps

Avoid,avoid,avoid. I tried it in a Lexus having previously used it in other cars with no problems but it killed the Lexus, complete nightmare. If it really worked why does NO car manufacturer offer it???? they would sell millions of cars with 1/2 price fuel but the few that tried have all given up. And yes I did fit flash lube and used petrol only for every 3rd fill up. Save your money and your Lexus.

That's because it's a small market in the uk. and your system was cheep. Get a prins sequential system only.

Go to France and try to find a car that ant on LPG or CNG.

And a small company called Mercedes Benz still build LPG/cng vehicles

• Like 1

Avoid,avoid,avoid. I tried it in a Lexus having previously used it in other cars with no problems but it killed the Lexus, complete nightmare. If it really worked why does NO car manufacturer offer it???? they would sell millions of cars with 1/2 price fuel but the few that tried have all given up. And yes I did fit flash lube and used petrol only for every 3rd fill up. Save your money and your Lexus.

Yours was badly installed. The only problems I have come across with any LPG install in any make of car is down to bad installation.

There are lots and lots of |Lexus converted on here and all are running without problems.

I am sorry you had such a bad experience.

There are still lots of Car Manufactures who offer this as a factory fitted option.

I bet you could put LPG down to 30p a litre and you would still have trouble with people in the UK to convert. We hate doing anything different in this country and how the suppliers love that as they are making make fortunes out of it. Mike

• Like 1

I've heard it's very bad for the IS200. It's great on the LS400 as mike says but apparently (and I've heard this from various sources including 2 friends of mine, one if which is a Toyota tech and one is a tech at Lexus) it can and will kill a 1gfe. Something to do with burning valves? I can get more info if you want but the general consensus everywhere I did a bit of research on this was to stay clear of LPG on the 1gfe engine

• Like 2

Prowl28, the Prinns system, how much would it cost to install? I'd imagine the issue most people would face is that the system would be worth more than the car. I cannot imagine replacing my SportCross and would definitely consider LPG, I've spent over £3500 on Unleaded covering 20,000 miles in the last 12 months and if I had installed LPG at the point of purchase, I would nearly be breaking even about now and driving cheaper from this point on.

Jasonrye1. you'd have to weigh up whether it would be financially viable for you. If you buy a cheaper kit, you're more than likely going to need to replace the engine, according to some peoples experiences. If the Prinns System is better (but more expensive) then you could be waiting a year or two before you start to see a return on that investment. for the age of the car, better fuel economy may be best achieved with a different car. (I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU CHANGE YOUR CAR) I know how much I love mine and would not want to change it unless I could get something newer and as good or better (Maybe an IS250 or GS)

LPG Assoc or the UKLPG Assoc is a self appointed sheriff of the LPG world they are not government appointed which they like to give the impression they are.

One day installation.

The last 5 cars (over 5 years) that I know about personally as they are mine or close friends cars have all had their installs done by Profess in South Wales all have been fitted in a day and all have run without missing a single beat.

As I said in an earlier posting the most important thing as far as converting to LPG is how good the install is and this is far more important than which system is fitted.

Profess are honest and will fit the best system your car requires, in a day.

How can they do it in a day?

Their engineers work dammed hard all day unlike most English outfits who constantly have to stop for coffee, fag breaks, news paper reading breaks, constant phone calls and texting and their mates dropping in for a chat.

Mike

Do I have a financial interest in Profess? Nope. We are all to quick in this country to run down businesses sometimes justified but rarely do people praise a business when its been earnt.

• Like 1

Their engineers work dammed hard all day unlike most English outfits who constantly have to stop for coffee, fag breaks, news paper reading breaks, constant phone calls and texting and their mates dropping in for a chat.

Mike

Bad experience with other vendors, Mike?

Mike

Bad experience with other vendors, Mike?

Yes and no. When you actually weigh up what is required to install an LPG system and you do nothing else except install LPG systems there is no reason on this earth why you it shouldn't be fitted in a day.

The longer they keep your car the more they will charge you. That's why Profess can install at the prices they charge.

Further to the UKLPG subject, this has been taken directly form the DVLC website, the important part is highlighted.

In the UK, there is no statutory regime for inspecting the safety of aftermarket LPG installations before use
on the road or at the annual roadworthiness (MOT) test. However, vehicles must meet the requirements set
out in the C&U regulations at all times that they are used on public roads. Whilst there is no statutory regime
for inspecting the safety of aftermarket LPG installations, there is a voluntary code of practice published by

UKLPG and some insurance companies may ask for some form of certification before granting cover

A prins sequential system for a six cylinder engine with valve care will set you back £1700 depending on tank size.

Alot of money I no but I won't fit anything else. Very reliable and ecomical .

Cheers guys. I have emailed Profess twice now, but no response. I am going to start saving and am considering this. LPG works alongside Petrol? is that right? petrol on start up to get the engine going and then it turns to Gas? how much petrol are you guys using a month?

Response from Profess.

To: stuart_f_aspey@hotmail.com
From: Profess Autogas (info@professautogas.co.uk) Sent: 14 January 2014 19:56:18 To: stuart_f_aspey@hotmail.com

Hello Stuart,
Thank you for your e-mail. Sorry it took me more than a day to respond.
Your inquiry has been dealt with by most recommended LPG fitting centre, factory trained direct importers of AC STAG LPG systems.
Our quotes are based on the BHP and the torque of the engine as the LPG system needs to cope with fuel demand at any fuel mapping point.
Our demonstration car to prove that running on LPG does not mean loss of power is a Mercedes AMG E55 Kompressor delivering 476 BHP and 700 Nm or torque.

Our price to supply and fit Premium LPG conversion for Lexus IS200 SportCross is £999.00 + VAT. (20%)

The above price includes LPG KIT required to cope with the 153BHP and torque for your vehicle. It also covers workmanship for - Lifetime - with unlimited mileage for your peace of mind and many years of happy motoring.

We offer country-wide pick-up and delivery service at no charge. There is a free of charge courtesy car available, and the job usually takes one day to complete.

To justify the outlay you need to do 10K miles per annum or more an keep the car for 2-3 years.

Please feel free to search internet to see our customer's testimonies of quality, reliability, performance, and tidiness of our LPG installations.

What system will you get? AC STAG, the only manufacturer we have been using for the last 8 years, one of the best on the market, which offers 5 years guarantee on their latest products.

As the only LPG conversion company in the UK we offer Remote Servicing minimizing travelling to our workshop to have your brand new LPG conversion fine-tuned or serviced. Advanced STAG diagnostic tools within the software make it possible.
To fully utilize remote servicing option we over-engineer LPG conversion to cut on potential mechanical faults.

Please bear in mind that LPG servicing is extremely important for your own safety and the safety of your car and if neglected leads to 'bad experience' with this green and affordable fuel. There will be no charge for the first service.

The LPG tank and filling point would discuss upon your arrival. Usually we fit the LPG tank where the spare tyre goes. We will give you possible options so that you can visualize and make up your mind on the day.

Please feel free to call our head office on 01443 812893 for head office in South Wales within office hours to discuss it further or to make a booking.

Hope this helps,

Andrew
Profess LPG LTD