Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windows Misting Up

First cold morning in London today and was very surprised that the front and rear screen had lots of condensation on the inside before I had even got in the car.

More worryingly, even with the rear window heater on it had failed to fully demist the back screen after 20 minutes.

Has anyone else noticed this since the cold weather started ?

I experienced the same when I bought my LS few weeks ago. In my case it was a combination of a slightly damp interior (car had been sitting for some time) and a faulty thermostat which did not allow the engine to reach full temperature.

I was going to start a thread about the exact same issue I had this morning. I tried changing the s flow to the back, changed from Eco to normal, but nothing helped, so had the rear window demister for most of the journey and periodically put the driver and passenger windows down. So if anyone has found a solution it would much appreciated.

This comes up a lot, in fact it came up just a few weeks ago. It seems to be a seasonal thing that affects most cars but doesn't last for more than a couple of weeks, no idea why though. I got into my Vauxhall this morning and the condensation was literally running down onto the dash, but I know in a couple of weeks it won't do it. Very strange.

Hello Guys.

I have suffered with the same problem in my 2000 LS400 but I put it down to a damp interior due to the fact the boot seal had been leaking. I replaced the boot seal and put a biscuit tin full of granule cat litter in the boot and another one in the rear footwell to draw in the water in the air. Since I have done this I have no more condensation running down the windows, just the normal misting when I get in the car and start breathing on the cold glass.

Steve.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links