Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I have just joined this forum and have an LS400 '96 (Jap. import) It has a speed limiter fitted to it which kicks in at 115mph. Does anyone have any information about having this removed? Also I am currently working in Spain (40deg heat!) and the fan appears to be kicking all the time. It is one of the hydraulic fluid operated fans, does anyone have any suggestions... or recommendations on coolant which performs better in extreme heat?

Regards

Glenn

the car probably still runs in KPH i take it.. if it is then have it converted to MPH and that usualy derestricts the car.

The hydraulic fan is good.. it comes on because there is an awefull lot of energy being thrown around that engine. Perhaps having it drained flushed and having Toyota Longlife (red) put in... never mix colors though!

I had the same type of fan and it always came on too!

i reckon a good old flush will do the strick.. perhaps the core is a little clogged.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The car is actually already converted to MPH but still limits at 115. Any ideas? I will get the coolant drained and flush the system... and refill with long life red and see how that makes a difference.

Thanks again for your reply.

Glenn

Depends how it was converted to mph. If the speed signal was reduced then the speed limiter is increased (to 180mph from 180km/h) However if a new speedo or face was installed then the restrictor will still be there at 112mph. TDi should be able to remove the limiter.

Our Honda Prelude was a Jap import and had a limiter that kicked in at 115 MPH (not KM) - so I'm told :whistling:

I know my husband and his mate looked at a few places in the back of Auto Trader/Top Gear as there were garages that advertised they could get rid of the limiter.

Not sure where in Spain you could go or if you'd trust your beloved car to someone out of the back of a mag though :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links