Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Interior Lights

Hi, can anyone advise me how to change the interior lights in the central dome, next to the rear view mirrior. Having watched several youtube clips I thought I could simply lever off the translucent cover and change the bulbs but I cant find a gap large enough to prise it off. I guess the only other option is to remove the unit from the roof but not sure how to do that.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Normski. Managed to get the bulb changed now. Massive difference with leds in. Will try and change the bulbs in the wing mirrors tomorrow. What can go wrong.......

Hope your LEDs last longer than mine, six months and two had stopped working in the front dome. I thought the LED bulbs had a much longer life expectancy than a normal bulb but apparently not in my case.

I thought the led bulbs had a much longer life expectancy than a normal bulb but apparently not in my case.

LED's generally last for a very long time but the problem is the way they are powered and driven, alot of these cheap bulbs on the market are using very bad quality techniques to drive them and hence they burn out very quick. The best thing to get for a proper dome light LED replacement is those PCB based boards with in-built driver. I made my own and used a few high power 1W led's driven with a CC driver and my led's have been fine for over 4 years and still counting.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've ordered and received a set for sidelights, number plates, both domes, sun visors and puddle lights.

Can someone confirm that the boot-light is the same bulb as the rear dome (bullet shaped)?

And I don't seem to be able to find details for the footwell lights. Can someone please let me know what bulbs I need for these.

Cheers.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've ordered and received a set for sidelights, number plates, both domes, sun visors and puddle lights.

Can someone confirm that the boot-light is the same bulb as the rear dome (bullet shaped)?

And I don't seem to be able to find details for the footwell lights. Can someone please let me know what bulbs I need

Hi,

And I don't seem to be able to find details for the footwell lights. Can someone please let me know what bulbs I need for these.

Cheers.

Chris

Hi CMC, the bullet shaped bulb are the same size!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links