Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Connectivity For 5S And Lexus Warranty And Cruise Control...

Hi all,

3 questions really.

1. Does the auxiliary port allow plug and play with Iphone 5s? Is it USB?

2. Is adaptive cruise control the one that keeps you x distance from car in front? Is that standard feature?

3. Iexus extended warranty worth buying? If the cars are solid and have full dealer service history is the extended warranty worth it? Any idea on price?

Stuart

Hi Stu,

1. No the Aux is a standard 3.5mm jack. There is however Bluetooth for the phone, however like most cars the compatibility on extended features (like phone transfer) can hit and miss.

2. Yes

3. It's like any insurance, it can either save you or cost you, depending on luck! I've always found its worth it, as I've had a few items covered. From memory you can only get the Extended Cover if taken at the 3 year point, or continuously renewed since (would be worth checking with dealer).

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for that. Do you know if Iphone 5s works via Bluetooth? I assumed that was only for calls? Is there a way to get my Iphone music playing through the system?

One of the cars I am looking at states there is the ability to renew warranty. Just wondered if its worth it as the cars seem to be very reliable with no known potentially expensive issues. How much is it?

Stu

Lexus do an ipod kit for the ISF. Mines fitted in the glove box and you can use the steering wheel buttons with it.

Lexus continuous warranties are dead cheap. Probably because they don't brake down!

MY 2010 has proper iPod / iPhone integration, you can have Bluetooth audio streaming and you get a USB and 3.5 mm jack in centre console. It also get HDD based Sat Nav and torsen LSD.

As does my 2011. Not sure when it became standard, I just plug my 5S into the usb port and it al works fine, though for music I usually just fire up a playlist rather than messing about with navigating between tracks using the lexus controls, I find it's too much faff when driving.

MY 2010 was Model Year 2010 :) it was also the model year it was introduced along with the proper LSD etc.

You can easily tell if it's a MY10 as it will have DAB radio button, blue section bottom of steering wheel and of course a USB socket in centre console

Not sure if it varies by dealership (servicing costs seem to vary!), but Lexus Canterbury offered 1yr extended warranty for £795, or 2yrs for £1,335.

Just so you are aware, the current warranty expires next Tuesday (26/11/13).

Guessing you would need to move quickly to extend it if it does need to be within the current warranty period?

Hope this helps.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

my windows mobile Nokia 920 connects fine via Bluetooth, as it should. But when playing Spotify via the 3.5m jack, it all goes to the dogs when the phone rings. The phone is expecting a microphone on the headphone socket and not via Bluetooth. annoying but technology moves so quickly and the car is 5 years old. My ipod is way out of date thanks to Spotify so the glovebox dodah wont help. a rented citroen c4 would happily stream Spotify via Bluetooth and thus coped admirably with calls and texts too, as the phone read them out and i just said my reply. tech moves so fast...

my windows mobile Nokia 920 connects fine via Bluetooth, as it should. But when playing Spotify via the 3.5m jack, it all goes to the dogs when the phone rings. The phone is expecting a microphone on the headphone socket and not via Bluetooth. annoying but technology moves so quickly and the car is 5 years old. My ipod is way out of date thanks to Spotify so the glovebox dodah wont help. a rented citroen c4 would happily stream Spotify via Bluetooth and thus coped admirably with calls and texts too, as the phone read them out and i just said my reply. tech moves so fast...

Get a Bluetooth receiver and plug it into the 3.5mm jack. Then connect your phone both to the car and the Bluetooth receiver and everything will work fine. That's how I got it working. I recommend the QED uPlay.

Where are you guys buying the in car charger for the qed uplay from?

There is no official car charger for the QED uPlay because it was never meant to be used in cars, however it requires a standard DC 5V 500ma input (USB spec.) You should be able to get a car adapter that outputs that easily, the only thing is the connector needs to match. I bought mine ages ago but I think I got it from Maplin (or went to Maplin to check connector sizes and then bought online cheaper :-))