Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Custom Exhaust Manufacturers In Scotland

Frankiethebear

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a stainless steel exhaust manufacturer and fitter in the East of Scotland that can manufacture and fit on a 220D? I'm struggling to find one reasonably close to Dundee. I would do a s/s free flow straight swap, but would prefer the twin back box set up of the IS 250. Also, the fitter would need to be able to notch the back bumper to an acceptable standard.

Can anyone help with this or has anyone had one fitted to the 220D?

Ta

Frankie

Not had one fitted to the 220 but had one fitted on the 250 and no where near Dundee but about 250 miles away in Cheshire.

Cost was £450 for a s/s cat back system centre piece and twin back boxes. quality of work was good. A bit noisy at first at low speed but it is quietening down now after I am guessing its sooting up a bit. I have learnt that the ss exhausts are noisier than stock, most noticeable in the cabin but it will quieten down with use (usually after approx. 1-2000 miles). It actually sounds very good outside, low rumble.

The exhaust for this car is only available from Lexus - sit down before you read the replacement cost for the system

Centre piece = £1700

Twin back box = £700

Its a "consumable" item that IS at some point going to fail - mine went at 70k miles and was 6 years old. Its not something I would mess with due to the cost of replacement if anything went wrong but that's just me. I had no choice as mine had failed and I had nothing to lose.

• Like 1

cheers for that newbie,

i got a reply to an email i sent to a company in glenrothes, fife, about 30 miles away. They've asked me to take the car in to let them have a look and they'll give me a price, down to the last penny. I'll wait till the end of the month and make an appointment and see what they have to say. I also asked about a stainless steel exhaust manifold, but they neither carry nor fabricate them. You don't know anyone that does this type of work do you?

Frankie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links