Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Mode Do You Use And Why?

It was pretty good in the snow to be honest. In Snow mode, which is good for any icey or snow conditions. Its softens the throttle response dramatically, which makes it easy, used many winter days going into the office.

I used to use manual mode for parts of my commute but not necessarily in Sport. Sport IMO didn't make the huge difference, just made the throttle a little sharper perhaps. The description in the handbook always made be me Laugh. I think it describes the sport mode as "for sporty driving" :lol:

It was pretty good in the snow to be honest. In Snow mode, which is good for any icey or snow conditions. Its softens the throttle response dramatically, which makes it easy, used many winter days going into the office.

I used to use manual mode for parts of my commute but not necessarily in Sport. Sport IMO didn't make the huge difference, just made the throttle a little sharper perhaps. The description in the handbook always made be me Laugh. I think it describes the sport mode as "for sporty driving" :lol:

Lol! As opposed to for 'driving like a nancy'? Ha...

Normal mode for me for most day to day driving and all motorways. But if there is a bit of open road or an overtake in prospect then I go for sport. Or for a blast down a motorway sliproad. Or if I want a big laugh by opening the exhaust valves. Or sometimes just for the hell of it. I wish the sport button was easier to reach though; I believe in MY11 models onwards it was on the wheel?

In my first year I put it in sport on every trip as soon as the engine had warmed. Later I discovered an extra 2.5mpg was available if I was more selective. Interestingly, I now perceive more difference between sport and normal. I do wonder if it is smart enough to adapt to my driving style and offer extra mellow responses in normal and then go completely banzai in sport. Anyone know if it learns and adapts?

I've use snow a couple of times on snow and ice, but also on muddy carparks or verges. I've been surprised a couple of times how well it has coped when the conditions were causing me to imagine I'd need to walk home.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links