Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Photos Of Your Is-F

If i have something of worth i like to take care of it.

Boot rubber? i have carpet covered with a cheap rug to stop it getting wrecked!

Petrol cap was not ideal but not massively bad. There was a build up of crud in the boot and bonnet water channels i needed to clear. Engine bay was a lot cleaner than i expected.

I joined detailing world some time back but relaxed as it was startign to get OTT even for me. So i dont use clay bars and foam lances etc. I know some chaps who spend a day polishing and cleaning their!

I tend to do the following:

1. Rinse with water

2. Apply bilberry cleaner to the wheels and let it soak

3. Clean the car with turtle wax nanotech

4. Rinse again including wheels and scrub where required

5. Polish (if required), Turtle wax is used for this as well

6. Collinite 456 is used every 3-4 washes to wax the car and keep water beading nicely. Also protects the paint to a degree and seals in the polish when used

7. Poor boys wheel sealant is used to add a barrier for dirt and makes the wheels a LOT easier to clean after applied.

8. I use autosol on the exhaust tail pipes when they are SS

9. I use Autoglym Bumper care on all plastics

10. I use Autoglym Fast glass on all windows inside and out

11. Dry and clean all boot, bonnet, petrol cap, door sills and recesses.

12. Clean engine bay with bumper care on plastics where required

13. I also have Megs leather gold class feeder but this is only used on worn leather or to clean off any stains.

Hi Stu,

Sorry for the confusion mate. By boot rubber I mean't the seal that runs around the channels of the boot area. Mine was horrible!

I've clayed mine once (doubt i'll do that again until after the next Winter), and will be investing in a snow lance for my pressure washer at some point.

I'm also thinking of getting the Meguiars DA polisher. Would make the polishing and swirl removal a lot quicker than me doing it all by hand! ;)

What dilution do you do for the Bilberry out of interest? I tried this stuff back when I had the ST220 Estate, and short of neat, it didn't really shift the dirt very well? :(

I used Rainex on my exterior glass yesterday. Beaded really well when it poured down on my way home.

I'm a big fan of Meguiars products. Also use/used plenty of Autoglym stuff over the years.

May give the Autoglym HD wax a try when it gets a bit brighter. Cost something silly like £50 for a small pot, but does come up really nicely.

I did notice the boot lid bottom edge and matching part of the top of my rear bumper are all scratched/scuffed up. Not sure what the hell happened there!?! :(

My drivers side doors are all chipped/missing paint on the edges from opening them into walls/other cars I'm guessing! Nice little job for my bodyshop mate in Strood! ;)

I use 50/50 with bilberry and water and works ok for me. Guess it depends how much crud is on the wheels and how engrained it is!

Ah ok, the boot rubbers were not too shabby to be honest. I thought you mean the rubber boot liner you can get.

The car is in great condition overall. Some bonnet and bumper chips have been painted in as i would expect. No issues with doors, boot or roof. There is a strange /grazing/light chipping in front of the rear left wheel. I’ll be getting this sorted when my car goes in for any warranty work i get agreed. All wheels need a referb and paint on callipers need re-applying.

I started looking in to foam lance, polishers, clay bars etc but like I said, with a baby and a motorbike i dont want to spend a whole day cleaning the car! If it gets noticable swirly and agrivates me ill pay a chap to come and do a 'proper' detail :)

Fair enough Stu. :)

Could always come over and use my DA when I get it? Reason I want one is they are very easy to use (good instructional video's available from Meguiars), and you can't burn or wreck your paint with it! ;)

I did a few years as a detailer with a valeting company after I left school. Just find it really satisfying.

Know what you mean about the time issue though, my wife is pretty patient considering. Do find it difficult to start cleaning it, and have to finish with things not done though! ;)

My best line is: 'I'm just going to clean the car, shouldn't take more than an hour'!! ;)

When I start noticing the blinds twitching, that's when I try and finish up! Lol.

I'll give the Bilberry another try I guess. Might just have been the ST220 alloys were too far gone to work properly.

I always get 'Where have you been?'

Daft question as she knows damn well! lol

May take you up on that offer. Have read some had too high a RPM and ruined laquer/paint.

Yeah i imagine the wheels need to be in ok condition for it to work. These seem spot on with the gloss finish for it and wheel sealent.

I would go the whole lance, clay bar, machine polisher, canape etc but yeah...cant justify the time it would take :(

• 2 weeks later...

There were 6 around in Mesa Red in 2010 when I was stalking them on the Lexus Used site between May and November 2010. I think they imported a batch of 2009 models in Red and the dealers registered them on 59 or 10 plates. I check the Used site every couple of weeks and haven't seen a red one for months. Possibly because they are the best colour and nobody wants to part with them. Or maybe the red ones are faster and they've all been crashed through hedges or rolled into ditches.

There was also a red one on the press fleet GY08 OPA

• 1 month later...

Why the PistonHeads tag David? Not selling up are you??? :(

Looks great by the way. :)

No that's the only good photo I have at the min Pete .i bought it off pistonheads , Lexus leister were selling it on there as well as there own site so I kept the advert .sad eh lol

That's an image I didn't need Dave! Lol. ;)

She'd need to be starkers, wouldn't want any buttons, zips or bra clips chipping the paint!! Lol.

Sad to say I like the pictures of just the cars. :)

You can find the lady pics elsewhere I'm told!! ;) Lol.

That's an image I didn't need Dave! Lol. ;)

She'd need to be starkers, wouldn't want any buttons, zips or bra clips chipping the paint!! Lol.

Sad to say I like the pictures of just the cars. :)

You can find the lady pics elsewhere I'm told!! ;) Lol.

Lol there's no shortage of hags up here mate they'll do out for money or sweetys lol.

I've just picked my lass up from town she's been out after work for a drink,she stinks of sick,can't walk and looks real dog mate .

Gonna have to trade her in soon ew mate

I'm gonna take some good pics in the spring maybe in the lakes .see if I can get a lady to straddle me bonnet lol .prob end up wid an old bag wanting to do it for a quid lol

Just temp some young hot lass with a free ride mate...in the car clearly... Don't want to make anyone hot lasses vom!