Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hello, me again...

I've been looking at an exhaust system off an is 250. Found it on eBay. seller states that its off a car with 8k miles on it and is made of mild steel, i assume thats standard for the is 250.

Can some one tell me if £80.00 is a good offer? well taking postage into account it would be nearer £150 as its coming from Jersey.

Let me know as quick as you can so I can arrange delivery.

I'm aware that i would need to alter the rear bumper too any idea how i can do this accurately.

Finally, what would such a thing cost new?

PS its from the cat back.

Ta

Frankie

That's a reasonable price for it - consider it new at £750 fitted ... Centre piece will set you back £1700 fitted - - I know this as I have just gone through the process of replacing mine.

I advertised the spare box I had as a result on eBay as free to collector when I had it replaced with the new stainless system but had no interest so threw it away. Just wanted it gone but no one wanted it, shame really.

Mild steel is standard for the system on the car. I would have to question the mileage on the car that you have found that these boxes are from - don't only consider the mileage but also the year of the car as a lot of short journeys will rot the system quicker. Be very careful not to damage the centre piece you are connecting this to, I cant stress this enough unless you have the money to replace it if something goes wrong. They are only available from the main dealer and are on a long lead time if you order one.

hello, me again...

I've been looking at an exhaust system off an is 250. Found it on ebay. seller states that its off a car with 8k miles on it and is made of mild steel, i assume thats standard for the is 250.

Can some one tell me if £80.00 is a good offer? well taking postage into account it would be nearer £150 as its coming from Jersey.

Let me know as quick as you can so I can arrange delivery.

I'm aware that i would need to alter the rear bumper too any idea how i can do this accurately.

Finally, what would such a thing cost new?

PS its from the cat back.

Ta

Frankie

Hello mate

I have actually been in contact with the seller for a week and done the deal with him after ordering mounts etc off the dealer, he should be taking it off eBay tomorrow.

Sorry bud!!

shipz,

no worries dood,

if you're not fast your last! Read the other post in answer to mine. I hope it goes on ok. keep us informed for future reference.

what else did you have to buy or order to complete the job and how much did it all cost?

By the way, the seller quoted me £78.00 to deliver to dundee.

Frankie

Cheers Frankie, yea i was told same too which i agreed to. Mounts from Lexus was around £75 so once i have everything, need to figure out the cut out for the left side tip.

Have someone ready to do the job for me, and he works on a lot of jap sports cars and does a lot of fabrication so will probably leave in his hands to sort out for me..will defo keep you posted on it!

If it all goes well, i will be happy as i preferred this option over the custom exhaust option as i don't want a loud exhaust :/ It's only a diesel lol

shipz,

i think i'm going down the s/s route. I don't want it to sound like something its not though. I nice refined rumble would do me.

with what i've been on here i think you may have to cut a deeper notch from the right hand side too due to the downward angle of the current bumper/tailpipe set up. have a look at some of the other posts here for more info.

Frankie