Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated windscreen?

Just interested to know what it is that switches on the heating elements on the lower front windscreen of the IS200. Is it linked to the heated rear window circuit, or does it come on when you set the heating controls to demist?

Gareth

It is activated when you switch on the front de mister the screen has heating elemnts in the front under the wipers this is to help unfreeze themin exstreem conditions im pretty sure that it is only on the se models though

According to the manual the windscreen wiper heater is operated by pressing the rear window defogger and then the both then work simultaneously for 15mins before automatically switching off.

The mirrors on cars before 2001 are heated all the time,I checked this was right with Lexus because I burnt my finger on one last summer.Lexus said this was right because forms part of the rain repellent system

t is activated when you switch on the front de mister the screen has heating elemnts in the front under the wipers this is to help unfreeze themin exstreem conditions im pretty sure that it is only on the se models though

there is no switch for the front demister,and its fitted on all is200 models

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

t is activated when you switch on the front de mister the screen has heating elemnts in the front under the wipers this is to help unfreeze themin exstreem conditions im pretty sure that it is only on the se models though

there is no switch for the front demister,and its fitted on all is200 models

WHEN I HAD THE WINDSCREEN REPLACED ON AN IS200 THAT I HAD THE FIRST TIME THEY CAME OUT THEY HAD A NON HEATED ONE AS MY ONE WAS AN SE THEY SAID THAT THE NON HEATED WAS FOR THE S MODEL .

I HAVE INVESTAGATED THIS AND YOU ARE WRITE IT IS STANDARD ON ALL UK IS200

IT MUST HAVE BE FOR AN IMPORT OR SOMETHING.

AS FOR WITCH DEMISTING SWITCH,

THE FRONT IS AN ELECTRONIC SWITCH NOT A MECHAMICAL SWITCH AND IT DOES OPPERATE THE THE HEATED FRONT WINDSCREEN

It is activated when you switch on the front de mister the screen has heating elemnts in the front under the wipers this is to help unfreeze themin exstreem conditions im pretty sure that it is only on the se models though

Yes, I checked my manual and its exactly that. The idea of the computer switching it on automatically sounded nice though!

Gareth