Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cai And Warranty...

Best way! ;)

I'm in the insurance industry (US property not auto before anyone asks! Lol), so have come to appreciate how important it is to check things properly, and get comments/agreements in writing.

Be good to know what they say.

Cheers.

Pete

Hmmm just looked at that would be additonal 35 squids ish so just over 250 in total.

Looks easy enough to fit so no dealer cost there i giuess.

Sound clips on you tube sound amazing!

Does look pretty straightforward to fit. :)

If you follow the YouTube installation video, I can't see you going wrong mate.

Does sound awesome doesn't it! Think the only other one of note is the JoeZ version?

I like the fact this one uses a lot of the original system, and is enclosed (guessing heat soak will be a big factor on a 5L V8!).

It's at the top of my mods list (just need to get the IS-F to fit it to first!! Lol).

Hmmm just looked at that would be additonal 35 squids ish so just over 250 in total.

Looks easy enough to fit so no dealer cost there i giuess.

Sound clips on you tube sound amazing!

Yes, easy 5 min fit. If its anything like mine the original filter will be caked in leaves etc, sure Lexus never change them.

I had a CAI kit on a Civic TypeR.

Two things.

I heard of a couple of cases where water wrecked engines having been sucked in via the intake, which was mounted low in the wheelarch area on the Honda.

Secondly, there were a few discussions on the owners forum regarding warranty, none of which were conclusive, the general consensus being to remove the cai before heading to the dealer.

Both fair points.

The main appeal of the Takeda intake is it is actually enclosed in the original airbox position, and shouldn't be any more vulnerable to water ingress than the OEM airbox (of which the Takeda uses a fair amount).

As for removing it before going to the dealer, that is one workaround if they did kick up about it I guess! ;)

Bit naughty, but I like it! :)

Any tips? Can you hear a difference at less than 3.5k Revs? just from the engine bay or also out the back of the pipes as well?

Yes, nice deep V8 burble below 3.5 then more of a howl above. Never to loud not chavvy at all more like AMG Merc C63. Hard to know if its from the front or back. Probably a bit from each.

Hey Stu,

Fingers crossed for you mate. May just be they are running a bit behind with the orders, on account of Thanksgiving, Black Friday sales etc.

Hope you get it soon mate. Looking forward to your feedback and some photos! :)

Cheers.

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links