Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Soft Paint - Maybe Not So Anymore

I was travelling back from an unsuccessful trip to Norwich yesterday, having watched the mighty Eagles being beaten by the even mightier Canaries when I saw flashing yellow lights approaching from ahead.

I was doing about 60 mph as the gritting lorry hurtled past me (it's hardly cold for heaven's sake is it!). No idea what he was doing but impact speed of the million little stones and pieces of grit that attacked the front of my car must have been 100 mph.

It sounded like machine gun fire. I had the car cleaned this morning and with great trepidation went to inspect the damage. I know my colour (sonic titanium) won't show the stone chips as much as some others but there is virtually nothing there at all! I am really and very pleasantly surprised. My IS250 would have looked like it had been in a gun fight I am sure.

Maybe Lexus have taken some of the complaints on board and toughened it up a bit. I kid you not it was horrendous, and after I'd just got the alloys sorted I thought someone had it in for me.

I'm sure I also read somewhere in the blurb the paint is self healing, how that works I have no idea.