Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 Ls430 Purchased ,,,, Am I Happy ?

As some of you may know , I had a 1996 LS400 great car

Changed it for a 1998 jag xj8 4.0 great car

Then a bmw 750il individual amazing car !!

Then merc CL500 ,,,, worst car I ever owned ,,,, more breakdowns than I thought possible !,

Now I've come back to Lexus

Ahhhhh relax ,,,,, what was I ever thinking ( apart from the 750il )

Picked the LS up on Thursday ,,,, covered 350 miles ,

It amazes me !!!

How can a car be so silent ?

How can a car be so comfy ?

How can a car have so many features / extras for so little money ?

How can a car that cost me £4,100 get all these admiring looks ?

How can a car make me want to look at it thru window of my house as much as I do ?

Answers to all the above have one answer ,,,,,,,,,, it's a Lexus LS430 !

As you may guess ,,,,,,I'm absolutely over the moon with my car !

• Like 4

I here once an addict always and addict, so welcome back to the driving drug of connoisseurs.

But I do find the 430 reminds me too much of Lexus trying to look like a Merc, and so LS400 for me until I can persuade missus to go for 460.

Then again this summer I came across a couple of GS300 drivers who had the kids leaving home and downsized to something a bit smaller, and I do like the look of some of the GS models. Not quite as quiet as LS, but not far off.

Enjoy silent motoring. (Who needs a Prius?)

I’ve mentioned this before, I can’t speak for how good the LS 430 is but, overall, my LS 400 is the best car I own and the best I have ever driven! While I love all my cars (not as much as Mrs run132 of course – just in case she ever reads this!), the LS is the one I would save first if something happened to my garage!

I’ve mentioned this before, I can’t speak for how good the LS 430 is but, overall, my LS 400 is the best car I own and the best I have ever driven! While I love all my cars (not as much as Mrs run132 of course – just in case she ever reads this!), the LS is the one I would save first if something happened to my garage!

Agree with all of that :winky:

Then merc CL500 ,,,, worst car I ever owned ,,,, more breakdowns than I thought possible !,

It amazes me !!!

How can a car make me want to look at it thru window of my house as much as I do ?

agree with all the above - had mine a year and very happy - BUT do have a soft spot for the mark 4!!

Thank you Cruisemark....t`was a joy to read your posting.

Hell hath no fury like a Lexus rejected!

A private buy from someone who is now saddened?

Enjoy the pleasure.

Regards

John

the GS450h is on my list next when it comes within my budget - whats your take on that - i hear the engines very noise on start up?

My 450h was 3 years old (10 reg) with 17,000 on the clock when I bought it from Lexus Chester 6 weeks ago Mark.

When I start up it invariably starts on the Electric Battery, so the engine only kicks in when I reach approx. 15mph and it is barely noticeable then.

On the minority of occasions it fires on the engine, the noise is also barely noticeable. It might be a good idea for you to borrow one from your local Lexus dealer or other outlet so that you can see/hear for yourself before you make what I feel will be an excellent purchase.

It is eerily quiet at all times.

Regards

John

A neighbour came and told me how lovely my newly acquired LS is. Cost £2500. When I bought my new Jaguar XF portfolio a few years ago, not a peep from anyone. The car itself is impressive, but when you feel you have a bargain it adds to the pleasure tenfold, I think. The quietness is incredible. I'm waiting until my grandson next visits and I'm going to try the glass of water test on the engine. I'll also ask him to get his dad to do the same test on his much newer Passat diesel

It amazes me !!!

The answer to the question you posed is Lexus, simple as that, but keep it a secret, don't want the rifraff moving in.

Any piccies by the way, we like piccies.

Hi 'twin', your car looks nice in it's elegant dark grey. Well, I would as mine's the same.

I noticed your tax disc sits in a plain round holder (no advertising to distract from the car's clean lines), however, to me it looks mounted unusually high.

So happy for you. From my experience , here are things to watch out for ,Oxygen sensors, height sensors,keep that air con serviced...very expensive to replace the compressor, ...I have had a few problems with mine over the last six years ..was thinking of replacing it with RX450h until I test drove one...absolutely the worst ride and the noise,yes THE NOISE..was horrific.

Was delighted to be back in the LS430...ENJOY

Hi 'twin', your car looks nice in it's elegant dark grey. Well, I would as mine's the same.

I noticed your tax disc sits in a plain round holder (no advertising to distract from the car's clean lines), however, to me it looks mounted unusually high.

I went for one of those Lexus own brand magnetic round tax disc holders, lovely thing it is, neat and simple.

You can put the tax disc anywhere you like as long as it's on display, iv's seen them in the boot window before now.

Looks to me like another excellent Lexus. I am hoping to buy one similar next year. I have had a LS400 for the past 6 years & I am very happy with it. Apart from the electric aerial stuck half way I have had no problems with it al all. I do like the look of the LS430 though. Good luck with your fantastic looking LS Twin.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links