Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Flooding (Water 2 Inches Deep)

tree

post-48806-0-15914200-1385997010_thumb.jpost-48806-0-16257000-1385997020_thumb.jpost-48806-0-34095500-1385997030_thumb.jpost-48806-0-38243400-1385997039_thumb.j

hi guys, i noticed a fish like smell coming from the boot and upon investigating noticed that the space under the spare tyre and the gap below the car jack holder were flooded. i am talking major flood (water was around 2 inches deep).

i have seen on some other posts about the rear windscreen sealent becoming eroded but i do not think thats the entry point as there is no signs of water anywhere except the flooded area.

one of the pics shows damage to the outside rear left panel, could that be the entry point?

important note- the actual boot floor (removable carpet thingy) is bone dry.

In the sides like where the jack sits you will find a rubber bung in each. Remove them as the very first thing you do.

Then it's more often than not the vents that exit out of those sides at about boot floor level. You just need to bung a load of silicone sealant round them. You can do it in situ, or it's easier if you can remove the bumper as you can pop them out and re-seal them properly then. If not the boot lid seal is another common one.

Thank uou for the reply.

I tried to remove the plug but it would not budge, even tried with a pair of pliers but no joy. My hands are fat so i'm finding it difficult to get my hand fully in the gap. I shall try removing the bumper and taking a look at the vents you mentioned.