Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dab Motion In Rx400H

I looking at options to fit a DAB radio in my 57 RX400h. So far, the only option that I've been told will work is the DAB Motion which operates with a wireless remote control and not the steering wheel controls. I wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with that model, whether its a probe;em using the remote (which I gather doesn't need to be pointed at the unit) or whether there are any other DAB options for a RX400h? The DAB Motion also has an iPod interface so would also appreciate any feedback on whether that works well. Thanks

Whoah, clever - notice how the JustConnect advert comes up in this thread, above, below and between each post (well, it does for me)? Clever website... :shifty:

Looks like a good system - if I listened to a lot of radio (I don't), it would be a good upgrade.

EDIT: ah, not that clever - the adverts are now gone after I navigated away and then came back (sorry, I'm being very boring ... :eerrrmm: )

• 6 months later...

I use the pure highway dab.

http://www.pure.com/product/highway-vl-60905/

Just sits in the central hideaway with a power supply from the 12v supply and a good quality aerial on the roof.

Work well.

John,

Did you get it professionally installed or is it possibile as a DIY project? I am looking to add MP3/DAB/AUX in and optionally a Bluetooth audio playback capability to my old RX 400h 2006 version and want to get as much as possible in a discreet-as-possible package. Pure Highway 300Di looks like a good option (minus Bluetooth).

Also, does it integrate with the wheel/console controls?

Romas

If you can live without DAB then get a GROM unit, simple to fit, i done ours took about half hour to fit, placed unit discretely in the glovebox too

http://gromaudio.co.uk/

Funny that you mention it - GROM USB2P (+ AUX + Bluetooth modules) is actually the one I am decided on at the moment - thinking too that I could live without DAB or buy it later and hook into GROM via AUX... In any case, the car already has iPhone/iPod integration (probably arranged for by one of the previous owners) - but I own just Android phones, so I was thinking just to get cheap iPod Nano 8GB and use it meanwhile and save some £s...

Eventually, once I get the GROM kit, I will be very happy if my COWON J3 player will work via Bluetooth and I will be able to control it via wheel controls (hoping that Bluetooth A2DP standard allows to control the player). Otherwise I will be ok just holding it in my hand as a remote - just like JustConnect DAB has one too...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links