Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Screen

Hello,

the screen of my sat nav cd of my '99 is200 is not working properly, some times is in black and white, or blu or red and after opening it several times is in colour again.

I've read in a previous post that the reason is due to a defective wire.

I would like to know if it's possible to find this wire as a replacement or I need to replace the sat nav just for a wire :sick:

I want to thank you all for this great and helpful forum.

Regards.

Dario

I believe the colours you have to look for are

Red

Green

Yellow

Black

White

These are for the screen disply, which include your Red Green Blue (RGB) Sync.

If it helps I will post the exact colors and what they do. But you will find the loom runs from the navigator CD rom to the screen.

As Steve suggests, check all the connectors first.

Does it change when you tilt the screen?

Within the screen itself is a Mylar strip. This is a plastic/resin piece of thin plastic with flexible copper tracks on. Sometimes a crack develops in these. You can buy track repair paint at Maplins or CPC.

You may have to open up the screen to get to this - check it with a magnifying glass, as well as checking the ends of the mylar strip are located properly.

Hi Geoffres,

yes, it changes when I tilt the screen, I think that the problem is in the Mylar strip, because the same thing happened with my laptop computer.

I will check this wire asap.

It should be great to have the possibility to replace this wire, I'm not sure to be able to repair it.

Dario

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links