Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Brake Pad Options (Again..)

I know this topic pops up often but after being quoted 430 euros + VAT + fitting for front pads it's crazy.

I've looked around and on the forum but can't narrow down sensible non-dust crazy replacement pads that are available relatively easily in the UK.

Can anyone point in the right direction? I've had ECB yellow stuff before on a GTR but didn't like them much.

From other posts on here I've just found Hawk Performance pads for the front that come in at around 150£

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-F-08-11-Front-Hawk-Performance-Ceramic-Brake-Pads-/290717221493?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b018c275

If anyone runs these I'd like to know if they're as good as OEM and worth the punt?

I plan on running these in mine when I get it.

Reviews from the States suggest these are as good as OEM, but with the added bonus of producing less brake dust.

If you take the plunge before me (highly likely as I haven't got the car yet!), please let us know how you get on with them.

All the best,

Peter :)

Thanks Peter. Narrowing it down.... I also found these mentioned on the forum a while ago;

Pagid pads for £54.60!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_IS_5.0_2008/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-pad/?101821018&1&5502f09b270efddee1eeb4ff7fd02e8cd0109b99&000036

Hard to ignore them at 1/3 of the price of the Hawks. Anyone running these pagids on their IS-F now and feedback?

I have hawk pads from tarmacsportz an online dealer, can't recommend him enough. Direct from US inside a week and I think £150 all in. Give Chris a call.

Pads are great, excellent stopping power and way less dust than OEM.

Discs I got from Lexus direct, brembo ones, worked out cheapest from dealer with my service plan parts discount!

Cheers Glenn will check it out. Really like stopping power of OEM so nice to hear another plus for the Hawks. OUt of interest what do you have on rears?

FYI, I can pick up front brembo's from eBay for around 180£ which seems good. Not sure what Lexus direct pricing is?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-Brembo-Brake-Discs-Lexus-IS-IS-F-Saloon-2001-2011-/330698791783?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus%7CCars+Type%3AIS+F&hash=item4cff2f1b67

Hawks are as good as the OEM stopping power wise from my experience.

Rears I have factory brembo pads and discs currently, but they are both due a change soon, so will look into options.

I think it was under £300 for the discs from lexus with discount. That seller didn't have any in stock when I needed them unfortunately.

Until someone tells me otherwise, will stick with the OEM brembo discs, but may change the pads to either the Hawk's or Porterfield (used them when I had the Supra).

Porterfield R4S are more expensive though (£204+VAT).

I'm thinking i'll pick up a set of the Hawk's when I am in the States to see what they are like. If they are good, I can grab another set on one of my numerous business trips! ;)

• 1 month later...

Any news on these Damien?

I'm probably going to give the Porterfields a whirl with the stock brembo rotors.

Would be good to hear what you make of the Hawk's if you do get a set.

The low dust appeals, but my tuner thinks the street Porterfields will be as good in terms of low dust.

Are you going to fit them yourself by the way? I'll probably do mine so I can give the system a thorough clean, and get my Porboys wheel sealant all inside the rims at the same time.

Seems pretty straightforward from the videos and how-to guides I've watched/read.

Think the ones we did on the Supra were harder.

Cheers,

Peter

I got stoptechs for around £100 and they are ok. The braking power is certainly still there, but the initial bite isn't as reassuring as oem...lots less dust and no noise though. Decent trade off for value and dust IMO

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links