Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alternative To Flashlube.

I, like many other people am aghast at the price of Flashlube oil.

Having trawled the web looking for informed reviews of alternative lubricants, there are none that I could find, plenty of logical and well put observations, but no science.

ANYWAY, in the mean time, I found this, and at only £7.12 a ltr, cheap.

http://www.autogas-lpg.co.uk/-lubrication-system/892-flashlube-valve-saver-1-ltr-refill-0400.html sell an alternative ESGI Valve saver 1 ltr

Cheers.

Edited by IHgs300
Link Fixed

RON does your car run on LPG then? and did you get the flash lube fitted? and just to understand your point more how long would 1L of flash lube last you?

Going by the reviews of various members on here who run on LPG The LS does not need a flash lube fitting - and we havent heard of many catastrophic failures either due to not having a flash lube.

Hi Mark,

yes the car runs on an LPG system with Flashlube fitted.

it's been about six weeks at a guess since I had the fitting and the small container is half empty, or half full depending on your point of view.

The installers fitted the lube system as a matter of course and I am happy with that.

Is there any proof that the 430 doesn't suffer with VR or is it Urban Legend?

I was also told that the LS430 doesn't need flashlube by the installer but I had it fitted anyway as a precaution and it was only £100 extra on the install.

Ifty

I ran my last ls400 for 60k no flash lube & my mate did 140k no flash lube on his last 400 & has done 60k in his 430 no flash lube & no problems. Leon at profess said it wasn't needed either.

The only thing it ensures you keep healthy is the installers bank balance. Its a con these days.

Well my installer made it very clear that it's not needed. He also drives a LS430 which he converted. Not knowing much about LPG I Told him to install it. So he did.

Ifty

Ron, that ESGI stuff is a real bargain compared to Flashlube. I have a Flashlube system fitted to my LS400 and have been looking for cheaper alternatives for a while..I haven't seen ESGI before, it must be fairly new on the market. I'm presently using Dexter valve-saver which is cheaper than Flashlube but still twice the price of ESGI!! Many are saying that it is unnecssary on our cars but I did once read somewhere (can't recall where now) of an LS suffering a burnt out valve after around 100,000 miles running on lpg. Maybe the set-up on that car was bad, I don't know. But for me, I will carry on using a valve-saver product even though the risk of long term damage looks quite low. I will try ESGI though, especially at that sort of price. Thanks for the 'heads up'.