Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Legal Advice Needed, Caught Speeding :o(

Stuno1

Bloomin hec, other prople have been in a similar position, i was just after advice on representation. If you have nothing useful to add to the thread then don't add to the thread!

Seems to me if you were caught fair and square speeding whether intentionally or not, legal representation would be a waste of a LOT of money, unless of course you are in the bracket of "celeb" status who can afford the lawyer who finds technical loopholes in the procescutions case notes and weasles them free from a good hiding! :whistling:

Its always annoying getting caught, but on an average basis we get away with so much "over speeding" incidents I guess its time to pay the piper, at least with your fine they will be able to repaint the speed camera with those little "No excuse for speeding" signs, or another box of doughnuts for the canteen!

Seems to me if you were caught fair and square speeding whether intentionally or not, legal representation would be a waste of a LOT of money, unless of course you are in the bracket of "celeb" status who can afford the lawyer who finds technical loopholes in the procescutions case notes and weasles them free from a good hiding! :whistling:

Its always annoying getting caught, but on an average basis we get away with so much "over speeding" incidents I guess its time to pay the piper, at least with your fine they will be able to repaint the speed camera with those little "No excuse for speeding" signs, or another box of doughnuts for the canteen!

Lol. I appreciate that. But cant hurt to investigae and see what i can find out.

'Wasnt aware of the speed' is not going to be a good defence

That actually IS good advice, if you try to defend it, it will cost you an even bigger fine.

No one is saying you broke the law intentionally, just there is little you can do to defend your action.

Lol. I appreciate that. But cant hurt to investigae and see what i can find out.

There is a site.....something like "PeePoo" but obviuosly not that, which is dedicated to helping with speeding conviction problems, I am sure a quick search will find it.

If there were mitigating circumstances like you were being chased by violent muggers, or your wife was going to give birth any second you would have a chance, but as said, not being aware of the limit is a non starter I'm afraid. My wife has worked for a firm of solicitors for many years, she would tell you just to accept it, unless anything like the above reasons apply.

• Like 1

Fo anyone in this positon in the future (potentially losing their licence) i have been advised of the below by a solicitors firm.

1. The car was 'foreign' and far more powerful than the car P/X'd on the same day.

2. Road condidions were ideal in terms of dry, clear bright day

3. It was motorway driving with very little traffic

4. I had no passangers in the car.

5. I have a clean licence

As such in my sitauation a ban is not likely but legal representation will assits in putting forward an effective arguement. Representation is not cheap at £1200 fixed fee by my licence is priceless!

lol... For you to have a clean license and be facing a ban means you were doing a rediculous speed, ergo, seeing how fast it would go ;) No judge in the land is going to buy the "it was a more powerful car than the one I had". Good luck though, I can appreciate that you will try whatever is necessary to keep your license, I would too :)

lol... For you to have a clean license and be facing a ban means you were doing a rediculous speed, ergo, seeing how fast it would go ;) No judge in the land is going to buy the "it was a more powerful car than the one I had". Good luck though, I can appreciate that you will try whatever is necessary to keep your license, I would too :)

Not too silly a speed, just over 100 and genuinely thought i was doing 80-90 (which i appreciate is over 70!). As above, no excuse but thats what has happened and i am now going down the pat of damage limitation. Anything clocked at over 101MPH meanms possible ban depending on driver histoer, road condirions etc.,

Lucky you weren't in Scotland, anything over 100 is classed as dangerous driving and can result in custody!

With a clean license and depending upon you age/driving experience you might just get away with a big fine and 6 points, I think your best course of action is to attend and plead guilty/stupidity.

Lucky you weren't in Scotland, anything over 100 is classed as dangerous driving and can result in custody!

With a clean license and depending upon you age/driving experience you might just get away with a big fine and 6 points, I think your best course of action is to attend and plead guilty/stupidity.

Not really a necessary final comment there fella. i am being open and honest, i understand what i have done and i am offering information to help anyone else who ends up in a similar position.

I was being serious, if you stand up in court and say you realise your actions were stupid and and you had no excuse except the "excitment" of a new vehicle it might make the difference between fine and ban.

I was being serious, if you stand up in court and say you realise your actions were stupid and and you had no excuse except the "excitment" of a new vehicle it might make the difference between fine and ban.

in that case my apologies. sounded like a swift back hand to the face :)

in that case my apologies. sounded like a swift back hand to the face :)

No......thats just what the Magistrate will want to give you! :D

Over 100 on a motorway normally results in a short ban (weeks rather than months,4 weeks maximum) a hefty fine of £300.00 + (up to £2500 means tested) and then discretionary points 3- 6 plus costs plus "victims of Crime surcharge"

Have a look at the link below with a handy calculator.

http://www.speedingfinesuk.co.uk/speeding_fines_penalties.htm

basically plead guilty, appologise profusely and grovel with your mitigation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links